BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Move On

I had decided that it was a good time to clean my room. Usually, my room looked clean enough like it should be in a new home's magazine, but lately, it's been a pigsty. I didn't know where to start- do I wash the giant load of laundry or pick up everything off the floor? I shrugged to myself and started picking up my papers and the cat toys off the floor. My kitty tends to forget where she leaves all of her toys, usually, they're all in my room.

I spotted something shiny that had fell behind my nightstand. I moved it aside and I held it up by the chain and discovered that I had found Logan's class ring. I stared at it for a couple of minutes, not quite knowing what to do with it. Do I return it to Logan? Do I keep it? Do I wait for him to ask for it back? I had forgotten that I still had this thing.

My phone vibrated, startling me. I picked it up and saw that the message was from Taylor. Just wanted to tell you that I'm glad we're back together. Reading that put a smile to my lips. I texted him that I was glad we were back together too.

I still didn't know what to do with Logan's ring. I sat on my bed and thought about it for a couple of minutes. I decided that I would return it to him right now to get it over with. I didn't want to have to talk to Logan a couple months down the line.

Getting in my car, I made my way to Logan's house. I parked my car in his driveway and sat there for a couple of minutes before I was able to gather enough courage to walk up to his front door and ring his doorbell. I stood there for a minute before Logan had answered it. He looked surprised to see me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me.

"I just wanted to give you this back," I said, holding up his class ring.

"I didn't know you still had it," he said, softly. I put it in the palm of his hand.

"I just found it today," I said. "I figured that you might want it back."

"I do, thanks," he said, appriciatively.

We stood there awkwardly. It was obvious that we had nothing to say to each other.

"Well, I'm going to go," I said. "I'll see you around."

"Court, wait," he said, grabbing my wrist. "Can we go inside and talk?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this blog. (I also like the fact that it's updated regularly and there is no author or reader drama going on all the time.) It's a cute and fun read! :)

mamamia

Steohanie said...

I may be crazy but for some reason I really want to hear what he has to say. For sure Logan is an asshat who needs to get his balls kicked in but I want to see how he rationalizes his behavior and actions. It might just be the Psych major in me though lol.

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- I understand where you're coming from, Logan doesn't deserve Courtney's time of day.

Mamamia- Thanks! I'm glad you like the blog. It makes me smile to hear you say that. :D

Steohanie- You're not crazy. I definitely would say the same thing. I think it's because I'm also a Psych major though. =P