BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Don't Matter

A couple of weeks flew by and before I knew it, we were in February. I had tried to talk to Adam to mend things up between us, but he was avoiding me like the plague. It had really hurt that Haylie threw away our friendship to be with Logan, but now, losing Adam too, made my heart ache. Losing both of my best friends left a hole in my heart. The only silver lining was Taylor.

Hanging out with him for the past few weeks have been amazing. Most of the time, we'd sit in his kitchen doing homework. I didn't know Beachside University gave out so much homework, I was starting to get a little worried that I wouldn't be able to pass any of my class and I'd flunk out of college. I asked him why he got so much homework and he informed me that he was an engineering major.

Today was no different, we were sitting in his kitchen with our textbooks open. He was reading his Chemistry textbook and I was doing my English homework. I was busy trying to find the quote I needed for my essay.

"Can I ask you something?" Taylor asked me.

"Sure," I said, my nose still buried in my book.

"What happened between you and Logan?" he asked. I sighed and closed my book.

I told him about Logan and I dating. I told him about finding Haylie and Logan together after Logan had lied to me about going to work. I told him that I made the biggest mistake of my life by getting drunk and sleeping with my best friend, ruining our friendship. I told him about the second biggest mistake of my life by telling Adam that I'd give him a chance when I knew that I didn't and most likely wouldn't have any feelings for him. I told him about my confrontation with Logan and our nasty breakup and how he and Haylie tried to confront me at school. After I was done telling him everything that had happened over the past month, I felt relieved.

"Wow," he said, amazed. I don't think that he knew what a loaded question that was. "That's the last time I ask you a question." I smiled and smacked him on the arm.

"Are you ok with everything?" I asked him. "No bad blood between you and Adam or Logan? You're not going to go and punch them in the face or anything like that?"

"Honestly, Court, I don't care about Logan or Adam," he said. "I care about you. They're in your past and that's where they're going to stay, right?" I nodded.

"Yeah, they are," I said, softly. "I'm sorry I didn't believe you when you told me you didn't cheat on me."

"It's ok, Court," he said, smiling. "It's in the past, but it means a lot that you're apologizing."

3 comments:

mum said...

I'm liking Taylor. I don't remember Haylie and Logan confronting Court in school. Maybe I read that wrong. mum

Jayjay0jt said...

I actually meant they tried to confront her both seperately (by confront, I mean, try to talk to her). I should have made that more clear. I'm sorry for the confusion. :(

mum said...

That's cool. I'm just trying to keep up! (LOL) mum