BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Truth

We got back to Beachside at around midnight. We stopped by a local diner to get something to eat. I had an insane craving for some french fries and decided to order a bacon burger with fries. Taylor ordered a burger and said that he wasn't too hungry, but he kept swiping fries off my plate. I kicked him lightly under the table.

"Hey!" he said, grinning. He rubbed his shin, playfully. "You're mean."

"Don't take my fries," I said, laughing.

He continued to take fries off my plate. We finished our burgers and paid the bill. It was a five minute ride from the diner to my house. We were there in no time. I got off of his bike and stared at him in amazement. I can't believe I broke up with him. He makes me feel so comfortable around him, it's almost natural. He caught me staring at him and smiled. He got off his bike and took his helmet off.

"Let me walk you to the door," he said. He took my hand and walked me to the door. "I'd really like it if we continued this."

"I'd really like it if we continued this too," I said. He pulled me in for a kiss.

"I'll call you," he said, smiling. "Good night."

"Good night, Taylor," I said, giving him another kiss. I watched him walk back to his bike and ride off. I sighed, happily.

I went inside and was surprised to see Adam sitting in my living room. I didn't see his car in the driveway.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. I noticed that he had a dozen roses next to him.

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior, Court," he said. He looked extremely nervous and spoke extremely fast, I almost didn't understand him. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you the truth about Haylie and Logan. It's just that I didn't know how to tell you and I panicked, the whole drugs thing was the first thing that popped into my mind. I'm sorry that I dragged it out for so long and I didn't tell you the truth. I knew that when you confronted Haylie that I should have said something, but I didn't. I didn't want you to be angry with me, but I messed that up. I just wanted to say I was sorry, Court."

I didn't know what to say. I was less irritated with him after the weekend with Taylor.

"And the Taylor thing?" I asked him.

"I did pay that girl to kiss him," he admitted. "I really didn't trust him around you. He wasn't good enough for you, Court. I wanted you to see that."

I also didn't know what to say to that. It irritated me that he butted into something that didn't involve him. It was none of his business whether or not Taylor was good enough for me.

"Huh," I said.

"So, where were you?" he asked me. "I came here yesterday, but no one was home."

"I've been in San Diego," I said. I paused. "With Taylor."

I could see his expression had changed. He looked angry.

"What the hell were you thinking, Court?" he yelled. "What kind of an idiot goes with their ex-boyfriend to a city that's 5 hours away? Are you out of your mind? He stalked you, remember? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Well, Adam, I had a good time," I said, calmly. "You might not agree with my decisions, but it's my decisions to make. Not yours, mine. We had a good time and we're going to be hanging out. It might evolve to something more, but it's too early to jump the gun."

"What about me, Court?" he asked me, with slightly demanding tone. "I thought you were going to give me a chance!"

"I'm sorry, Adam," I told him, sadly. "I really don't have any feelings for you. I don't want to force something that isn't there. Maybe in the future, I might have feelings for you. But in the present, I really don't. I see you as my best friend and nothing more."

"Well, fine!" he yelled. He threw the flowers at me. "I brought those for you." He stormed out of my house, slamming the door behind him.

4 comments:

Wet ~n~ Wanting...you said...

oops!! =s i'd say poor adam but he was kinda wrong about not saying anything to courtney... mmm where oh where will the courtney and taylor thing go now..? I'm kinda team taylor now... maybe??

Alicia said...

I hate to say it, but I think I've always been a fan of Taylor...i don't know why (and believe me I know he's completely fictious) but he seems like an all-around good guy who's just easily malleable. He's a good guy who does stupid things

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]dem wetter[b][/url]

Jayjay0jt said...

Nana- TEAM TAYLOR!!!! LOL. Sorry for that Twilight reference :P

Alicia- I know what you mean, there are people who are just really naive and listen to other people's stupid advice. We all make mistakes.

Anonymous- I have no idea what that link is for. Would you care to explain what it is before I click on it? Thanks :)