BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Fast-Talking Friday

Hey guys! It's finally Friday!

How has your week/day been going?

I'm officially drowning in school. I'm proud to say that I've been drowning since day one. It wasn't such a good idea to max out on units, but I think I've found a solution! Go to school, do homework/reading for a couple hours, nap for about 3 hours, go home and do more reading/note-taking for another 4 hours, then nap another 2 hours and repeat the cycle.

How does that pertain to this blog? I'll have to write posts on the weekends. Or, I can get an iPad (Do you guys have any opinions on the iPad? I think it is incredibly awesome, but I would LOVE it if it had flash on it so I can feed my insane addiction to facebook games) and type up posts on there. But, alas! That costs money and I'd miss the flash. It's super cool though.

Onto a more interesting topic:

Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day falls on the same day this year. How amazing is that? Do you guys have any plans for either holiday? I went to a Wal-Mart yesterday and there were aisles of Valentine's Day gifts (I almost passed out from red/pink/white overload, LOL).

I love Valentine's Day, even though some people don't, because of all the cute teddy bears, heart shaped chocolate boxes, and flowers. I love the idea that people all over the world are appriciating the people in their lives. I'm a hopeless romantic. =]

Feel free to comment below, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the iPad, your Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year/Feb. 14th plans, and Valentine's Day in general. If you don't like any of the topics listed above, you can bring one up. I'd be glad to chat. :)

Happy Friday and have a GREAT weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I personally don't know much about the iPad so I don't really have an opinion on it :P

Sounds like your schedule is working for you, so good luck with that. I never did the whole college thing (I might someday, but I just don't know) so I can't relate to those stresses! My own personal stress these days is being unemployed and flat broke...I live in a small town and nobody is hiring. Kinda sucks. I spend hours each day online looking for job listings and TRYING to find something, but so far no luck! I've been trying to brainstorm ideas on how to make money either online or in town but haven't had a eureka! moment yet :)

I've never really been into Valentine's Day for some reason; it's a sweet holiday in theory but some women just freak out about it and put waaay too much stress on their boyfriend/husband to make it "special". I usually send flowers to my mom and grandma on V-Day (can't this year though) and have a casual day with my bf, same as usual. This year though I think I'm going to look for a recipe he might like and make a nice dinner instead of one of our usual meals.

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend!
-MA

Jayjay0jt said...

Hi!

Thanks! I don't know how long it'll work, but I'll try to survive as long as possible. :P

I hear you on the job front. I've been trying to find a job for over a year now (and I have the opposite problem- big city, TONs of competition and only one or two positions for the employer to fill) and no luck. I'm hoping that 2010 will bring good luck to both our job hunts. :)

I agree that some women are TOO into Valentine's day. I don't care if my boyfriend gets me anything. We're spending the day going out to see a movie and maybe a little picnic.

I love the fact that Valentine's Day allows for an excuse to spend more time together, doing something a little different than your usual routine.

I think it's super cute that you usually send flowers to your mom and your grandma. Your boyfriend is one lucky guy to have someone who can cook. That sounds like a really romantic night- a nice dinner just the two of you. =]
(I really am a hopeless romantic. LOL.)

I hope you have a great weekend too. Good luck on the job hunt! =]