BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hard

I sighed as I glanced at the overcrowded aisles filled with red, white, and pink. Normally, I loved to shop, but I was having a hard time contemplating on what to get Taylor for Valentine's Day. I didn't know what was an appropriate gift for someone you had a previous relationship with but started to hang out with, trying to rekindle our relationship. That and I had a hard time with looking at that much red, white, and pink all crammed into three aisles.

I wandered through the aisle looking at all of the Valentine's Day paraphernalia. I have never really noticed that almost all of the merchandise is geared towards women. I would love to receive a teddy bear holding a heart with an "I love you" written on it, a gigantic box of chocolates in a heart shaped box, or a dozen red roses. In fact, I knew many women would love to receive these gifts on Valentine's Day. I left, figuring that I wouldn't have any luck here.

I walked home and went to my computer to look up some tips for gifts for guys. All I came up with were simple, non-Valentine related gifts. That didn't scream romantic to me. I ended up deciding to bake him heart-shaped brownies. I went downstairs to search for the brownie mix and found Brittany already in the kitchen.

"Hey, what are you making?" I asked her.

"A non-Valentine for tomorrow," she said, shrugging. "It's better than the mushy-gushy things in the stores. I mean, really? What is Zack supposed to do with a teddy bear holding a big heart? The guys will laugh at him." I laughed.

"Good point," I said. "I'm thinking about baking some brownies for Taylor. Do you know where the brownie mix is?"

"Yeah, it's right here," she said, pulling it down from a cupboard. "Speaking of Taylor, he was came by when you were in the store."

"Really?" I asked her. "What did he want?"

"He left you these roses," she said, pulling me into the living room. She showed me a bouquet of red roses.

"Thanks, Brit," I said, smiling. I couldn't help it, it was incredibly cute of him to get me roses. I opened the card that was stuck in the bouquet.

Hey stranger,
I can't wait until tomorrow night- be prepared for a lovely evening.
Taylor

1 comments:

Wet ~n~ Wanting...you said...

oooo let's see what taylor has in store for courtney!!!! =D hehe can't wait for tomorrow's post!!!