BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Say Ahh

It clicked in my head. I finally understood why both Logan and Haylie tried to separately talk to me at school. I was incredibly speechless. What do I even say? Do I congratulate him or do I say I'm sorry? I didn't have to say anything, Logan broke down, crying.

"Things got so messed up, Court," he said with tears streaming down his face. "I don't know what to do."


I was uncomfortable with seeing Logan cry. To me, guys were the emotionally strong ones who never cried and it's odd for me to actually see them cry. It's sad to say that they are less of a man in my eyes if they start bawling like Logan is.

"There, there," I said, somewhat comfortingly. I patted his hand. "Everything is going to be ok."

"We went to the doctor and she said that the baby is due sometime in September," he said, nervously. "What about college? What about our futures? I told her it was her decision on whether or not to keep the baby. I don't know what to do."

"What did she decide?" I asked him.

"I think she wants to keep it," he said, on the verge of hyperventilating. "I don't know what to do."

"I think you know what to do," I told him, surprising calmly. "I think that you should support her if she wants to keep the baby and be there for her when she needs you. The baby's going to need a dad in their life. You know that."

"I know," he said, sighing. "I don't know if I'm ready to be one yet. I'm not even 18 yet."

"If it means anything," I said. "I think I think you'd make a great dad."

"Thanks, Court," he said. His tears had stopped and he had regained some of his composure.

"I should get going," I said. "Thanks for talking with me."

"Don't blame Haylie," he said. "None of this was her fault."

I waved a hand in the air as I walked out. He might think that Haylie didn't have any fault in this, but she did. She didn't have to sleep with him. She didn't have to end up in this situation. It's just the consequences of her actions. It's sad to say that she's going to have to live with them for the rest of her life.

4 comments:

Wet ~n~ Wanting...you said...

I'm so happy that she acted so calmly!! I'm proud of you Courtney!!! =D hells yeah! that's my girl!! :)

mum said...

Well, it sounds like they're relationship was going on for quite a while. Unbelievable. Some friend Haylie turned out to be. Who cares about Logan? Haylie was her friend. I'm still pissed. Glad she was calmer than I would have been. mum

Stephanie said...

Courtney was defintely the bigger person in this mess. I know I couldn't have been that kind.

And seriously if you are going to have sex you have to know pregnancy is a risk. Maybe if he would have thought about his future instead of thinking with his little brain none of this would have happened.

And Logan keeps saying don't blame Haylie but she was the one who betrayed her friend. She had a choice, she made it, and now she has to live with it.

Jayjay0jt said...

Nana- I know if I was in her situation, I wouldn't have acted as calmly as Courtney had.

Mum- The relationship right now has been going on for around 2 months already and if my calculations are right, Haylie was pregnant after the first time they slept together.

Stephanie- I totally agree with you. But, I know a lot of teenage girls who don't know the first thing about sex, let alone the risk of getting pregnant or the actions a person could use to prevent it. I went to a high school where it wasn't abnormal to see a pregnant teenager. I had an early childhood education class and was surprised at how many teen mothers there were.

But yes, it's both their's fault. It takes two to tango (yes, I'm a little lame) :)