BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crazy Beautiful

Sarah and Justin had invited me out to dinner tonight at our burger joint. I was slightly confused why we were going out to dinner. Sarah and Justin lived really busy lives and I respected that by giving them their space. I was curious why I was invited and told them I'd be there at 7.

I arrived at the burger joint a couple of minutes before 7. Justin and Sarah were already there and they had gotten us the big booth. I waved at them and went over. Sarah got up to give me a hug.

"Hey, guys," I said, grinning. "This is a surprise, what's the occasion?"

"I want to wait until everyone comes before I say anything," Sarah said. I didn't think I heard her correctly, but I thought I heard her say everyone.

"Everyone?" I asked her, questioningly. "Who's everyone?"

"Henry, Adam, and Haylie," Justin said. "Who else could everyone be?"

My face froze when she said Haylie. It must have been noticeable because Sarah started to look a little worried.

"Are you ok, Court?" Sarah asked me. "You look a little pale."

"No, I'm fine," I lied. "I didn't know that everyone else was coming."

I started to feel a little nauseous. I wanted to leave, but I knew that whatever news Sarah and Justin had must have been big if they had invited all of us out. I didn't want to put my personal problems ahead of my friendship with them, so I stayed.

I played catch up with Sarah and Justin for a couple of minutes when Henry and Adam arrived. I waved at Henry and civilly said hello to Adam. He gave me a cold nod in response. I sighed softly. Things were going to be weird between us for awhile. Sarah shot me a confused look and I smiled weakly. I turned to Henry and we chatted about the Superbowl while we waited for Haylie.

Haylie arrived 20 minutes late in the arms of Logan. They were all over each other, all lovey-dovey with one another. It make me want to throw up. I hated seeing them together. I can't really explain it. I didn't want Logan for myself, but I hated seeing him together with Haylie. I looked at Henry and the look on his face was unforgettable. He looked completely heartbroken seeing Haylie with someone else.

Sarah shot me a very confused look. She had no idea that Haylie was with Logan. The last thing she heard was that Logan and I were together. I hadn't gotten around to telling her the drama that had occurred or that Logan and I had broken up. I instantly felt guilty. I needed to do a better job communicating with Sarah.

"Haylie, I didn't know you were bringing a date," Sarah said. She looked at the booth. "We're going to have to try to squeeze him in."

"Oh, he's not staying," Haylie said. She completely ignored my presence. I was glad that we weren't speaking and were just pretending that the other didn't exist. Logan looked uncomfortable and avoided looking at me like I was Medusa and was going to turn him into stone. "He just wanted to get something to eat, right, babe?"

"Yeah," Logan said. He gave her a kiss and I swear he grabbed her butt before leaving. Haylie took a seat next to Adam.

"Since we're all here," Justin said. "Sarah and I have an announcement to make."

"We're engaged!" Sarah blurted out, giggling hysterically. We all clamored in excitement and congratulated them.

"When's the wedding?" I asked her.

"In July," she said, grinning. We were all too busy congratulating and questioning Justin and Sarah to notice Haylie had slipped out.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah Haylie's a bitch and not worth the time. If he'll cheat WITH you he's already shown his true character and he will most likely cheat ON you. And I feel bad for Adam. He has been in love with Courtney for so long and now their friendship is never going to be the same.

mum said...

Ditto, Stephanie. Haylie just wanted to flaunt Logan in front of everyone. Even though Adam was deceptive, it was because of his love for Court. Not excusing it, just understanding it. Wonder why Haylie left? Maybe everyone wasn't uncomfortable enough. mum