BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sorry, Blame It On Me

I stood there weighing my options. I could stay for a couple of minutes and listen to what Logan had to say or I could just ignore him and leave. I had nothing to lose by staying there and listening to him. Nothing he could say could make me any less hurt and nothing he could say could hurt me any more. He couldn't say anything to make me forgive him for ruining my friendship with Haylie. If I left, all of the what-if thoughts would pop in my head.

"Sure, Logan," I said. "Only for a couple of minutes."

"Thanks, Court," he said, with a sigh of relief. "Come in." I followed him into the living room and I sat down on the couch. He had the TV on. I stared at it for a second before he had turned it off. It was an episode of ABDC. I made a mental note to check it out when I got home.

"Ok, Logan," I said. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I want to apologize to you on how we ended things," he said, softly. He spoke so softly that I almost didn't hear him.

"Ok," I said, nodding.

He took a deep breath and put his head down. He was fidgeting around with the ring and fidgeting in his seat. I could see sweat almost pouring down his forehead. Needless to say, he seemed incredibly nervous.

"We didn't want you to find out that way," he said. "I had planned on telling you soon. I had started to lose my feelings towards you and I turned to Haylie for help. I-"

I shook my head. I didn't want to know the gory details of how my best friend had stole my boyfriend. I didn't want to have to relive the pain or feel the anger. I just wanted to move on.

"Listen, Logan, you don't have to explain," I told him.

"But, I do," he said. I sighed. "It's my fault. I want you to know that she didn't come onto me, I came onto her. She was there in my time of need. It's not her fault, none of this is her fault, Court. She misses you."

"I miss her too, Logan," I admitted.

"I want to apologize about that night at the diner," he said. "I didn't know you were going to be there. Haylie didn't tell me that Justin and Sarah were having all of you guys there. I honestly thought it was just going to be the three of them."

"It's ok," I said. "I didn't know either."

"I have something I want to tell you," he said. "I want you to hear it from me before hearing it from anyone else." He paused.

"Ok, what is it?" I said, with a hint of encouragement in my voice. "You can tell me."

"I don't know how to tell you this," he said, uncomfortably.

"Just spit it out, Logan," I joked. I was just as nervous as he was. I chuckled nervously.

"Haylie's pregnant, Court," he said. "With my child."

6 comments:

Wet ~n~ Wanting...you said...

holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =O!!!!!!!! Breathe girlfriend!!! :S

Alicia said...

I don't like Haylie and I don't like Logan. They wanted to mess around and be decietful and even though Logan said it wasn't Haylie's fault, it completely is. She had a choice when he supposedly came on to her and she decided to choice a guy that could do the same thing to her over her best friend.

Whew that was a lot, and I know this is fictional but still. Lol.

Stephanie said...

He may not have known she was going to be there but I am sure Haylie did. If not she wouldn't have acted like a bitch when they arrived, rubbing Courtney's face in their relationship.

Logan is still an ass. If he was "loosing his feelings" for her he should have just broken up with her. And if Haylie was truely her friend she would have resisted his advances and told him to take a hike. She chose him over her friend and she doesn't deserve Courtney's time.

So sorry she's pregnant but she made her choice and now she has to live with it. I hope Courtney doesn't get sucked back in with that news because like I said, they are both not worth her time.

Jayjay0jt said...

Nana- I know, right?

Alicia- I agree with you. The blame is completely equal. Like you said, Haylie didn't have to do anything and could have ignored Logan's advances.

It's ok, sometimes I get worked up over fictional characters too. :P

Stephanie- I agree that Haylie was a bitch and that Logan should have told Court that he was losing his feelings towards her.

I had a friend who's boyfriend was losing feelings towards her and he was chatting up a girl 4 hours away.

I completely agree that it's sad that she's preggo, but it's her fault.

mum said...

what the f? I'm pissed at both of them. Write them off, Court. WRITE THEM OFF! mum

Unknown said...

So, I just found this blog and I love it!

Super excited about the pregnancy because I'm a teen mom (i'm almost 20 and my daughter turned 2 in July) I would never wish it on a real teen but I kind of get my jollies from seeing ficticious girls go through something similar to me.