BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Winner

As luck would have it, the only open seat was the one right next to Haylie. I calmly walked over and sat down next to her. My strategy was to avoid looking at her. Of course, when someone looks away and tries to avoid all eye contact with a person, you start talking to them, right? That's what Haylie did. I tried not to laugh out loud because I had jinxed myself.

"So, did Logan tell you?" Haylie asked, curiously.

"Yeah, he did," I said, softly. I didn't want the other three girls to overhear our conversation. I guess it wasn't a conversation, she was asking a question and I was answering. I still didn't want anyone overhearing.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened," she said, with a bit of sadness in her voice. She looked at me. "I never meant for any of this to happen."

She had tears in her eyes and I instantly felt sorry for her. Here she was, probably scared out of her mind. I'm pretty sure that she hasn't told her parents yet. I don't know what she was going to do and I'd be lying if I said that I knew what she was going through. I wished that she didn't have to go through this, but I guess this is just karma or something getting back at her.

"I know," I said. We sat in an awkward silence until Jasmine came in to start the interview process.

"Ok, guys, I'm going to have you girls in here one at a time," Jasmine informed us, smiling. "I'll call you later on today to tell you if you got the job or not. Ok, the first person up is Elizabeth. Elizabeth?" The brunette in the corner raised her hand to get Jasmine's attention.

"Right here," Elizabeth said, smiling.

"Alright, the rest of you girls please wait outside until you are called," Jasmine said.

She ushered the four of us left the office and we waited outside. The two other girls were standing really close to the door to try to hear the questions being asked in the interview. I almost laughed and I shook my head in disbelief.

I was called in after Elizabeth had left. I passed by Haylie and I think I heard her whisper good luck to me. I smiled at her. The interview was painless. I had put Sarah's tips to good use and I think I aced it. Hopefully, I'll get the job.

I was eating dinner when the call came in. I immediately jumped up out of my seat and ran into the living room.

"Hi, Jasmine," I said, cheerfully.

"Hello, Courtney," She said. I couldn't tell if she was happy, sad, angry, tired, or any other type of emotion. I was starting to get worried that I didn't have the job. "I have some good news! You're hired!"

"Thank you so much!" I said, appreciatively. "I promise you won't regret your decision."

"Great!" she said, laughing. "Bring in your paperwork on Monday for me to sign and we'll put you on the schedule after you give us your work permit."

"Thanks, Jasmine," I told her. We worked out when I would bring her my paperwork. Immediately after getting off the phone, I screamed in excitement. My parents looked at me like I was crazy.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am sure she didn't mean for any of this to happen, but because of her actions it did happen. I am sorry she is pregnant but that doesn't make up for the cheating and the lies.

And wonder if Haylie got hired as well.