BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Fast-Talking Friday

Hey guys! Another Friday! :)

How are you guys? Anything new with you? :)

There's nothing really new about me. I'm just trying to get through one day at a time and realizing that there are more and more deadlines for school. The joys of being a student. LOL. But, I'm feeling alot better and I'm pretty sure all I have left is a cough! Yay!

I watched a little of the winter Olympics during the week. I watched a little bit of the womens' bobsled competition and part of the ice skating competition. It was pretty cool. :) I was rooting for Yu-Na Kim to win gold and she did! There was an article out on Yahoo! which said that she recieved many endorsements and deals (totaling to 8 million, I believe) BEFORE she recieved the gold medal. I found that funny because in the U.S, you win the gold first and then get the endorsements and money. :)

Onto a slightly more interesting topic: The Orlando SeaWorld incident.

I was incredibly shocked when I heard that it happened. I couldn't believe that someone, let alone a trainer, had died at SeaWorld. I finally got around to doing some research after the shock wore off and I found out that the whale had a "violent history" and was involved in two deaths in the past.

I had read that the trainer had wanted to work at SeaWorld since she was a little girl. She died doing the thing she loved. But, my thoughts and prayers are with her family. This was an unbelievable saddness in a very unsuspecting place.

I don't know if SeaWorld is to blame for her death. I think that they have an obligation to obtain a whale that didn't have a history of violence in relation of two deaths in two seperate occasions.

Do you guys have any thoughts/comments on the SeaWorld incident or about the Olympics or the blog or anything else? Everything is fair game. :)

Happy Friday! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think if I were a whale held in captivity to perform for people, I might be a little touchy about people in my tank, too.

Whales are meant to be in the wild, and it's always a risk for humans to try and tame them.

It's sad that someone died, but I don't think the whale was maliciously trying to kill anyone.

Jayjay0jt said...

No, I know what you mean, I'd be really angry if I was an animal held captive and I agree that it's not the whale's fault, but, it's sad that someone died.

I mean, there is ALOT whaling going on I know in Japan, so I'm kinda on the fence of having whales in captivity. I dunno, it's just a sad that it happened. :(