BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dignity

I stared at Haylie in disbelief. I didn't know how she could say that about the father of her child. I didn't know how she could screw an coworker in the stockroom either, especially when she was pregnant. I doubt that Cody even knew she was. There were a lot of things I didn't understand about Haylie. Honestly, I missed my friend.

I miss the old Haylie who used to stay up all night gossiping to me about boys. I missed going to the mall with her, I missed the innocent Haylie. In a way, I blamed Steve for starting all of this. I blamed him for going after Haylie and being her first serious boyfriend. I blamed him for taking her virginity. I blamed him for creating the monster I saw before me.

I looked at the back of the store where Zoey and Cody were. She was really chewing him out. I wondered why she was so angry with Cody. I pushed that thought out of my mind to concentrate on Haylie.

"What were you thinking?" I asked her. "This is a completely inappropriate place to do something like that! You could get fired! Cody could get fired!"

"Oh, please, Court," Haylie scoffed. "You're just jealous that I got to him first." I burst out laughing.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked her, laughing hysterically. "You think I'm jealous that you got Cody? I couldn't care less."

"You're just jealous that I have all the things that you want," she laughed, her laugh filled with spite and venom. "I have Logan and I have Cody."

"Whatever, Haylie," I said, rolling my eyes. "Take care of that baby in there!" I couldn't help but say that last part loudly. I saw Zoey's mouth drop and Cody's eyes widen. Cody looked completely nauseous and ran into the men's restroom. The store was completely silent except for the sounds of Cody vomiting in the men's room.

"You're a jerk," she mumbled with tears streaming down her face. She ran into the women's restroom.

My jaw dropped. One second she was spiteful and semi-angry and the next she's crying.

"What just happened?" Zoey asked me.

"I don't know," I told her. I honestly didn't know.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Courtney's a jerk?! Really now? Haylie is the one who slept with her friend's boyfriend and got pregnant. And then she practically rubbed Courtney's face in it at the diner. Haylie is the one who was screwing her co-worker knowing full well that she is pregnant. And Courtney was right, he had no idea.

Maybe Courtney shouldn't have shouted out the business about the baby but so far Coutrney has been BEYOND reasonable about the whole situation. If I were Courtney I would have blown up a long time ago..

Jayjay0jt said...

I don't think that Court MEANT to shout it out, but it did slip out really loudly. She couldn't tolerate anymore of Haylie's behavior. You're not alone, I think I would have blown up a really really long time ago. But then again, I have a short fuse when it comes to people who annoy me. :)