BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 29, 2010

Choices

I stood there for a second, dazed. My mind was going a million miles a minute. Should I go after him and apologize? Should I just let him cool down first? If I go after him, what do I say? Will he even listen to me? He seemed really upset, even though he took my words out of context.

Dammit.

I didn't even think that he would get upset over the fact that I went over to Adam's. He told me that he didn't care about Adam. The nagging voice in my head popped up. But you know what he meant, Court. Remember? He asked you if they were going to stay in your past? You nodded? He meant that he didn't care about Adam as long as he was in your past.

I knew that the nagging voice in my head was right. I knew what I had to do. I really hoped that it was the right decision.

I ran downstairs as fast as I humanly could. I barely caught Taylor as he was pulling out of the driveway.

"No, Taylor, stop!" I yelled, waving my arms wildly in the air. I looked like a complete idiot, but I didn't care as long as I caught his attention. "Please! We need to talk!" I caught my neighbor two doors down, looking at me strangely, out of the corner of my eye. I ignored him and continued shouting at Taylor to stop.

Luckily, his window was open and he heard me yelling at him. Surprisingly, he pulled the car back into my driveway. He parked the car and got out. His face was flushed with anger.

"Oh, I'm so glad you came back, I would have chased you down the street," I joked, trying to lighten the mood. Taylor's face remained unchanged. I wasn't sure how to handle this situation. I've never seen Taylor this angry before. I noticed my neighbor was still staring at us. "Let's go inside and talk, ok, honey?"

He gave me a slight nod and followed me inside the house. I managed to shoot the neighbor a "mind your own business" look before going inside. I sat him down on the couch and took his hand in mine.

"Listen, Taylor, I care about you a lot," I told him, gently. I didn't want to anger him any more than he already was. "I'm sorry about what I said, honey, I didn't mean it the way it came out. What I was trying to say that Adam and I have been friends for such a long time that it's more of a habit than anything else for me to go to him during a time of need. It's not that I can't come to you to talk or that I don't feel comfortable around you, because I do, it's just habit."

Taylor was silent. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I bit my lip nervously, waiting for him to say something. Anything.

"I want you to choose, Courtney," he told me, breaking his silence. "It has to be me.. or him."

5 comments:

mum said...

Oh, gosh. Bad move, Taylor. Darn, and I was really liking him, too. I can't see her giving up Adam, even if that's what I want her to do. mum

Alicia said...

I think it's a good move on Taylor's part. Adam hasn't been a good friend to Courtney for a while, what with him lying to her and not telling her about Haylie and Logan. Courtney needs to cut him out of her life especially since there's so much unneccisary drama surrounding Adam. I'm team Taylor.

mum said...

I'm team taylor, too, I just don't think she can give up Adam. I hope you're right, Alicia! mum

Stephanie said...

Oh man, that's not fair. Adam may not have been the best friend lately but he is her oldest friend and Courtney is going to need her friends right now. It's just never good to give ultimatums since they have a way of blowing up in your face.

Jayjay0jt said...

I like the differing opinions. I'm kinda surprised that a lot of people like Taylor, since he used to be the crazy creepy stalker guy who is easily influenced by his best friend.

Mum- It could go either way. She could give up Adam, she could give up Taylor, she could give them both up and start anew!

Alicia- I think that is a really logical way of thinking about it. But of course there is the emotional aspect of it too. I mean, giving up a friend is essentially breaking up with someone who you've been with for a really long time and it still hurts. But then again, if she chooses, she'll be breaking up with someone anyways.

Stephanie- I know it's not fair, but there's that really over-used saying about life. I'm not going to say it because well, it's over-used. :P

How I see it, it's like.. the ex that you REALLY want to get rid of. Granted, Adam isn't an ex (well.. that's debatable), but pretty much the same concept.

Team Courtney! :)