BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bye Bye Bye

I gasped in surprise. I couldn't have heard him right. He couldn't have possibly asked me to choose between him and Adam. I stared at Taylor, speechless.

"Wh-wh-what?" I stuttered. This is a dream. I can wake up now. Time to wake up, Courtney! This isn't happening! I was in denial with what I had just heard.

"You heard me, Court, I want you to choose either me or Adam," Taylor said, firmly. "I don't trust him around you. I think he's going to worm his way back into your life and then try to ruin the relationship that we're trying to have. He ruined our relationship last time, Court, and I want to fall in love with you again. So, please, just cut him out of your life. For me. For our relationship."

I was silent, trying to take in what he was saying.

"Taylor, Adam and I are just friends," I told him, patting his hand. "Baby, I only love him as a friend and nothing more. But with you, I could see myself falling in love with you again. Please don't make me choose." The last part came out as a whisper.

He shook his head no.

"I'm sorry, Court," he said. "You have to choose."

One look at his face and you could tell that he was serious about this. I could see that it pained him as much as it did for me. Instantly, the tears swelled in my eyes. I couldn't believe that he was making me choose. A tear slid down my cheek.

"I.." I said, my voice trailing off.

How was I supposed to choose between my best friend since preschool and my boyfriend who I know I can definitely see a future with? They're both equally important to me. They're both great guys. Adam is a great listener and he knows me inside and out. Dispite the issues we have now, I know we can work past them and move on. Taylor is just a really sweet guy who will drop everything he's doing for me. Even though I'm busy with work and with school, he's so understanding and patient. No matter how you break it down, it comes down to either friendship or possibly love.

"I can't," I whispered, with tears streaming down my face. "You're both important to me." Taylor sighed. He pulled his hand away from mine.

"I'm sorry, Court," he said, sadly. He looked at me. "I can't do this with him in the picture." He stood up.

I couldn't let him go. It broke my heart to watch him leave me. I couldn't let him end our relationship. I cared about him so much. I jumped up and grabbed his arm.

"No, Taylor, don't go," I told him, crying. "I choose you!"

4 comments:

mum said...

Wow...how can this be good? She's gonna resent Taylor for making her choose. And Adam is gonna go ballistic!! mum

Stephanie said...

Taylor is being kind of a jerk making her choose. Even if he doesn't trust Adam he should trust Courtney. Like mum said, she is going to grow to resent him for making her choose between him and her best friend. My best friend from kindergarten is a guy and if my boyfriend told me to choose there's no way I would be able to cut him out of my life. He is like my brother.

Alicia said...

I agree with Mum and Stepanie, I don't see the long term outcome being good. But then again, I could see how Taylor could be worried with Courtney's "best friend" in the picture. Adam already ruined Courtney and Taylor's relationship before AND let's not forget that Courtney already had sex with Adam and found out that he was in love with her. You can't go back to just being friends after that, because no matter how badly Courtney wants to pretend all of that didn't happen and that he feels the same way about her as she feels about him, he doesn't. He is still in love with her, and Courtney going to him with her problems is probably making him believe that he still has a chance to be the only man in Courtney's love life.

Jayjay0jt said...

I agree with all the comments that the outcome might be incredibly bad for Taylor IF Courtney starts to resent him for making her choose. She and Adam weren't really talking before she went to him. It's hard to cut someone out of your life cold turkey.

And Alicia is right, that no matter how horrible it is for Taylor to make Courtney choose, it's probably for the best. Courtney and Adam have a history and you really can't go back when one person professed their love for you and you don't feel the same way.

Maybe Adam will catch on that Courtney doesn't feel the same way about him and try to move on. He has been giving her her space.