BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Why

I don't know how long we stood at the doorway, but it felt like an eternity. The tears flowed like water. My tears soaked through the T-shirt Adam was wearing. I couldn't control the sobs that escaped my mouth. As hard as I tried, I couldn't stop myself from looking like a fool. I finally regained some composure and took a couple deep breaths. I sniffled and pulled myself away.

"I'm sorry," I told him, still sniffling. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Don't be sorry," he said, softly. "I'm always here for you, Court."

I attempted a smile, but I couldn't muster it. He pulled me gently into the house and sat me down in the living room. He immediately brought me a cup of my favorite green tea to help calm me down. I took a small sip and I couldn't help but start to relax. The aroma of the tea was extremely calm and soothing.

"Feeling better?" he asked me, worriedly.

"The tea helped, thanks," I said.


"Good, I'm glad," he said.

I was surprised to find that it wasn't awkward to talk to Adam. It brought me hope that we could go back to normal as friends.

Adam cleared his throat.

"What happened, Court?" he asked me. He began to interrogate me.


"Was it Taylor? Did he hurt you? Did you find him with another girl? Whatever it is, I'll kill him if he hurt you, Court." His voice laced with anger. I shook my head no. I almost burst out laughing at how he assumed that it was Taylor. He was acting like his old overprotective self again.

"No, it wasn't Taylor," I told him. I took a deep breath. "My parents are separating." He pulled me into his arms.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Court," he said, sympathetically. "I know that everyone is going to tell you this, but, it'll be ok. Really. I'm sure that your parents will be able to work everything out."

"I hope so," I told him. He held me in his arms in silence. I was emotionally drained and rested my head on him. We had a nice moment going on until Adam ruined it with a question I didn't want to hear.

"Why didn't you go to Taylor's?" he asked me.

"I don't know, Adam," I whispered, softly. "I don't know."

6 comments:

mum said...

Good question, Adam. Why didn't she go to Taylor? I'm sure Taylor will be asking that as well. mum

Meg. said...

Sometimes we all go back to our most familiar comfort zone in a traumatic time, which is what I think Court is doing...although I'm sure it'll cause a bit of trouble between Taylor, her and Adam in the future. I look forward to see where all this leads between them!

(This is Maejen btw, I got around to starting my own blog. feel free to check it out and let me know what ya think!)

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- I would be asking the exact the same question if I was in this situation with my boyfriend. But then again, at what point does one's boyfriend become your number one best friend, almost replacing the one that has known you for many many many years?

I'm not sure if that last sentence even made sense.

Maejan- I definitely think that you're right about the whole comfort zone issue and we'll see how understanding Taylor is throughout this ordeal.

I will definitely check out your new blog! I've subscribed already and will get around to reading it probably after tomorrow when I'm officially on Spring Break. :)



*** On another note, does anyone know what's going on with Life With an Indian Twist? I know that the author is starting a new job (super excited for her!) and cutting down posts, but has she mentioned a posting schedule yet? ***

mum said...

I realize she and Adam had a history, but things were still kind of tense between them, I thought. I just don't think I would have gone there. And then to have him immediately think the problem was Taylor, when Taylor didn't do anything in the first place, Adam fabricated everything. I don't know. I just still would have trust issues with Adam. mum

Oh, and I keep checking Life w/an Indian Twist and haven't seen anything.

Stephanie said...

Well Adam and Courtney have been friends for a long time so I could see why she might go to him.

There is a lot of stuff that Courtney and Adam need to work out. But I am glad Courtney at least has someone to go to right now.

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- I understand that things are tense with Adam, he didn't text her back when she wanted to talk to him. But, I think in bad times, no matter what has happened, Courtney can fall back on Adam.

I'm not sure if it's my expericnce, but whenever one of my friends comes to me crying, I will automatically assume that it had something to do with their boyfriend/girlfriend. I know that it's making an assumption, but the first thing that pops into my mind is "ok, did they break up with you?" or "did something happen with so and so?". Usually, for me, it's relationship problems.

Thanks for letting me know about Life With an Indian Twist, Mum. :)

Stephanie- Yes, Adam and Courtney have so much to work out and this might be the stepping stone in trying to salvage their friendship or they could decide to move on and live their own seperate lives.