BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

If Everyone Cared

I was excited for my first day of work- well, orientation. I tried on five outfits before I decided on what to wear. I wanted to make a good impression on Jasmine. Taylor was so excited that I had gotten the job that he had taken me out to dinner last night. I protested, but he wouldn't hear of it. He wanted to celebrate my first job. He even offered to drop me off at Bella today. Honestly, I think he's more excited than I am, which I didn't think was possible.

Taylor arrived at my house an hour before I was scheduled for orientation. I was busily getting ready while he lounged in my room. He had plopped down on my bed and rested his feet on my storage cube.

"Now that I have a working woman, I can relax," he joked. I threw a teddy bear at him. "Hey!"

"Haha, very funny," I said, sarcastically.

"I can't believe you still have this thing," he said, after examining the bear I threw at him.

I took a closer look at the bear. It was a teddy bear dressed in a tuxedo that Taylor had won for me at the annual carnival on the beach when we were last together. He had spent 30 bucks to win me the 5 dollar teddy bear I had wanted. It was so sweet of him to win it for me, but he really stunk at knock over milk jugs. Which I guess would explain why he wasn't a baseball player.

"Of course I still have it," I told him. "You put so much effort into winning it for me and I love it." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"You're going to be late for your first day," he said, grinning. I put on my jacket. "Hold up, I want to take pictures!" I laughed.

"You're so goofy," I told him. We got Brittany to take a couple of pictures of us and I took a couple of pictures with her too. I shook my head in disbelief and laughed the entire time.

We got to Bella 15 minutes before I had to start. Taylor kissed me goodbye and wished me luck. I walked into the store to see Haylie already there.

"Hey, Courtney!" she greeted me, waving her hand rapidly. She had a huge grin plastered on her face. "Aren't you super excited for our first day together?"

She's been like this for the past week. It's actually starting to get on my nerves. One can only tolerate so much puppy dog following and peppiness in a lifetime and I think I've reached my limit within the last week. Except, I didn't have the heart to tell her to go away. So, I just endured it an allowed her to peppy and everything. I half-smiled at her.

Jasmine greeted us and introduced us to the girl, who was working at the regrister. She left us alone so Zoey could train us. Zoey didn't seem interested in being at work, let alone training us. She kind of just scoffed and left us alone. Haylie and I gave each other a look and tried to figure out the regrister while Zoey ran off and started texting on her phone. Jasmine came out and saw Zoey texting and she called her into her office. Zoey shot us a nasty look as she walked into the office. I could see that this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Haylie has taking ass kissing to a whole new level. Courtney needs to tell her that they may work together but they are NOT friends. The sooner the better because Courtney is already annoyed, if she waits too long she might just explode.

~J said...

Hey! I just stumbled across your blog (can't remember how.. maybe from another blog??) and I have to say I really enjoy it. I spent most of the the night catching up from older posts.

Though I'm no longer in HS (omg.. it's been years.. I feel old now.. haha..) I can relate to some the BS from back then. I look forward to reading more! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey -
I just stumbled upon your blog (it seems we have like followers)...very nice! It's cool that you're getting your writing out there. I look forward to catching up!
Erin
http://thekarenchronicles.blogspot.com

Jayjay0jt said...

Stephanie- I don't know if Courtney has the courage to tell Haylie that she's annoyed. Court have varying braveness/cowardness.

~J- Hi! I'm glad that you're enjoying that blog. :) I'm not in high school either, but some drama in community college definitely feels like high school drama. haha. Does it ever really go away though?

Erin- Hey! I was just on my way to reading your latest post. :) I wouldn't say that I'm getting my writing out there. When I first started, I was just doing this for fun because I had an interest in writing, but I never actually thought that I'd get followers and there'd be a schedule and everything. It's really cool! :)
I remember you posting up pictures of the snow, has the weather gotten better on your side? Actually, I should post this on your blog. :)