BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Break the Ice

Today, work went much better than last time. Zoey wasn't here, thank goodness. I was surprised to see a guy working the register today. He was extremely cute with his blond hair and blue eyes. He had a body of a surfer and he wasn't afraid to show off in his muscular arms in his T-shirt. I was curious as to why he would work at a women's clothing store. I went up to him, ignoring the butterflies I had in my stomach, and introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Courtney," I said, smiling.

"Hey, I'm Cody," he said, showing off his perfect smile. I almost swooned. Stop it, Court. You have a boyfriend. A very sweet, adorable, caring, hot boyfriend. Stop drooling over Cody.

"Hey Courtney!" I heard this super perky voice said. Oh no, why do we always get scheduled together? I see Haylie walking up to us. "Oh, hey, Cody." She flashed Cody the world's biggest smile. You can tell she's smitten with him too. I'm glad that we both had boyfriends or else we'd be fighting over him.

"Yeah, hey, Haylie," I said, bringing my attention back to Cody. "So, Cody, how long have you worked here?"

"Since November," he said. "I was originally hired as a seasonal employee."

"Oh Cody, tell Court what you told me about your recent trip to Las Vegas," Haylie said, almost gushing. I think she was trying to make me jealous that she had already talked to Cody before me. I started folding some clothes that were left on the counter so I could turn away from Haylie and roll my eyes.

"I was in Las Vegas over the intersession at Beachside University and I tried out to go on this new game show," he told me. I nodded to let him know I was listening. "I got on and won 200 bucks."

"That's pretty cool," I said, while stacking up some jeans. "I'm going to go put some things away."

I left Haylie alone to talk to Cody. I know that there's no competition for him, but I felt like she was making it a competition. I don't want anything to do with her pettiness.

I was busily trying to figure out where the jeans went when I heard the door jingle, signalling that we had a customer. I looked up and saw Adam walk into the store. Needless to say that I was a little bit shocked. I walked up to him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. He, too, looked a little shocked to see me here.

"I'm here to pick up Haylie," Adam said, a little confused. "What are you doing here?"

"I work here," I said, pointing to my name tag. I mentally sighed.

All I wanted to do was tell him how much I missed him. I missed how he was there for me no matter what. I missed all the time we spent together hanging out after school. I missed goofing around with him. I missed my best friend. But, I couldn't get the words out. I missed my Adam.

"Ok, I'm ready, Adam," Haylie said. I jumped 3 feet in the air. She had snuck up behind us.

"I'm parked right outside," he told her. She waved bye to Cody and I before leaving the store.

I knew that it would be awhile before I could muster up the courage to tell him how I really felt. Before I could weigh the pros and cons, my mouth did the talking for me.

"I miss you, Adam," I blurted out.

I was scared of his reaction. All I wanted was for us to be friends again- for all the awkwardness to disappear. I just wanted everything to go back to the way things were. I just wanted him to tell me that everything was ok between us.

"I miss you too, Court," he said.

And he walked out.

3 comments:

mum said...

Haylie is pregnant and making a play for Cody? ugh! And Court, don't forget how Adam was in the know about Logan and Haylie. Don't go missing him too much! With friends like that, who needs enemies? mum

Jayjay0jt said...

LOL, then again, Court does have a boyfriend and neither one should be eyeing Cody.

Adam and Courtney have been friends since preschool and I'm not sure if she can just throw away their friendship over one incident. :)

mum said...

I know Jayjay0jt, but didn't Adam take advantage of her when she was drunk? And he kept the Haylie/Logan thing from her. And he lied about Taylor cheating on her. All for his own selfish reasons. I just would make him squirm a bit more, I think. It wasn't about what was best for Court, but what was best for Adam. mum