BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Fast-Talking Friday

Hi guys!

It's another Friday! TGIF! How are you guys? Do you have any plans this weekend? :-)

For me, it's SPRING BREAK! So my week will be consisting of a wildly insane time of working ahead on my papers and projects and all that good stuff. Oh well, I'm not really a partying gal anyways. I've learned that being in a relationship creates a limited amount of things that you can do. It doesn't really help that I'm more adventurous than my boyfriend is. It's too bad that I have to compromise and I can't just have my way. Men should just listen to women all the time! Kidding! But how great would that be? You can go: "Clean your mess!" and he'll answer: "Ok, honey, whatever you say! I'll get on it! I'll even pick up the dry cleaning and make dinner for you!", in a perfect world, right? :)

In the news!

I read somewhere today that a 13 year old boy goes to college and is being denied to go to South Africa, which is part of one of his class on his 4 year plan. It's crazy! He learned to read at age 2 or 3 and was reading Harry Potter at age 4. I don't remember what I was doing at age four, but I was NOT reading Harry Potter or anything at that reading level. It amazes me how gifted some people are. I mean, he wants to get his PhD by age 22! Anyways, the story was about the university denying him permission to go (even with his mother's permission and her volunteering to accompany him at her own expense) and I think it said that they're filing an age discrimination suit against the school. The school policy about studying abroad is you have to have at least a 2.0 and not be on acedemic probation or probation. The kid has a 3.9 overall GPA. The school's defense is: it is a safety issue. So..

Do you guys think that he should be allowed to travel abroad? He has road tripped cross-country with his mother and travelled overseas with his mother alot. She also volunteered to go with him at her own expense. He meets the school's requirement to travel abroad. Should he be allowed to go or is he too young?

There's also the new healthcare bill that passed a couple of days ago. I'm not too informed about it, but if someone is and would like to share, that would be welcomed! I don't particularly understand the bill, I'm a little confused with the things I have heard. But, I would like to say that it may be a sensitive topic for some people and a not so sensitive topic for others. I just don't want anyone to step on anyone's toes.

I'd like to end the news portion of this Fast-Talking Friday by talking about The Hills coming to an end. Yes, the show that has brought us Heidi and Spencer is coming to a close and I cannot be more happier. I refused to watch it after Lauren left. For some reason, that "reality" show was really addicting, even though I really thought that there was no substance behind what the cast was saying half the time. Also, the new after-plastic-sugery Heidi kind of scares me. I'm not sure why she decided to have what-was-it? 10 surgeries in one day? But it just scares me when someone THAT young ( I think she's 22/23?) to have that much plastic surgery done. It must be all in my head though and it's perfect normal or something.

So, this concludes the convo on this lovely Friday!

Have an excellent weekend guys! :)

I'm sorry that this is so long!

0 comments: