BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Make You Feel Better

My jaw dropped. I was in denial. I couldn't believe it. Zoey and Cody? No way. I just couldn't picture them together. I mean, she's gorgeous and could have any guy she wanted, but.. he's just so sketchy. He was totally inappropriate for canoodling with Haylie in the stockroom where Zoey could see or hear them. Not knowing how to respond, I stayed silent. Zoey looked at me oddly.

"Sorry, I'm still in shock," I told her, apologetically. "It's just weird that you were with someone like him."

"He didn't use to be like that," Zoey said sadly. "I mean, we were together for over 3 years. We were high school sweethearts and I don't know what happened. I thought everything was going well and that everything was fine. He showered me with attention and was just incredibly sweet. I mean, he came here to work with me in November so we could spend a little bit more time together. I honestly thought that we would get married one day."

"What happened?" I asked her. A tear rolled down her cheek and I handed her a tissue. She smiled and took it.

"I don't know," she told me. "I think it was the day of your orientation when he texted me to tell me that he wanted to see other people. I still don't know why he decided to break it off. I know I've been busy with school and with work and everything, but I tried to put an equal amount of effort into our relationship." She sniffled.

"Oh, hun," I told her, sympathetically. "It'll be ok. Totally overused, but, there are plenty of fish in the sea. You're going to find someone better than Cody. He doesn't deserve you."

"It just hurts right now," she admitted. "I can't believe that he had sex in the stockroom of where we both worked with a girl he barely met. Did he even consider how I would feel? How I would react? Obviously not. I'm glad I yelled at him. He needed to know what he did was not ok. I think that he realized that we're both 19 years old and in college. He's a guy and he's in a fraternity. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why he broke up with me is because he saw all the freedom his brothers have because they aren't in a relationship. He just wants to screw random chicks at parties, in my opinion."

"Well, do you want to report him to Jasmine?" I asked her. "He would get fired for sure. You won't have to see him around every time you come into work and you won't have to feel awkward here at work."

"I can't do that," Zoey said, her voice sad again. "Even though he broke my heart, I still love him."

"I understand," I told her. And I really did, I felt the exact same way about Taylor when he had broken up with me. It took me a very long time to get over the betrayal and learn to trust a guy again. Then came Logan, which wasn't really a big improvement, but I had trusted him and he had broken my trust. Now, I trust Taylor, but I'm still keeping an eye on him.

"We learn from our mistakes and experiences," I told her. "This is just a bump in the road, everything will be ok."

"I know, but I still want to be friends with him even though he broke my heart and I think I need to be the bigger person and reach out to him," she said. sighing. "I'm going to go to the restroom and freshen up. Thanks, Court, for trying to make me feel better." Zoey left me alone at the front of the store.

I thought about what she said and I took out my phone.

Adam, we need to talk.

And I pressed send.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I feel sorry for Zoey. Cody is a dog and doesn't deserve her. Screwing the new hire while your recent ex is nearby is heartless and cuel.