BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Say Something

I couldn't get a good night's sleep this weekend. On Saturday, an earthquake struck Chile and there was a tsunami warning in Hawaii. I was really scared that really big waves would hit Beachside. Luckily, we didn't have huge waves hit, just medium waves due to the storm, and there was no destruction here. I couldn't say the same for the people in Chile. I was heartbroken when I saw the pictures of the homes that were destroyed. I mailed the check to the Salvation Army on my way to Bella.

I had arrived at Bella just a little past 3:30 and I looked for Jasmine in her office. She wasn't there. I asked the girl who was working at the cashier if Jasmine was here. She said that Jasmine had gone to lunch and will be back in half an hour. I decided to look around the store to see if there was anything I liked while I waited.

As I scavenged through the racks, I was surprised to see Haylie walk into the store carrying some papers. I tried to hide behind the clearance rack so she wouldn't spot me. Either I didn't do a very good job hiding or Haylie developed a sixth sense as to where I am since she's known me all of these years. I chose to believe that it was the first one.

"Hey, Courtney!" Haylie cheerfully, as if there was nothing wrong. "Did you get the job?"

"Yeah, I'm here to have Jasmine fill out the work permit application," I told her, as I looked through the clearance rack.

"Me too!" she exclaimed. "Omg, I can't believe that we're going to be working together! This is going to be so much fun!"

"Yeah, fun," I told her, trying not to be sarcastic.

I looked through all of the merchandise and tried to get a feel as to where everything was located while Haylie was yammering away about something her English teacher said that made her laugh. I zoned out and stopped listening to her gibberish. I didn't want to be mean, but I really don't want to talk to her. I don't understand why she's even talking to me.

The front door of the store had opened and to my relief, it was Jasmine. I was extremely happy to see the 24 year old blonde bombshell. She was smiling while she was talking on the phone. Now when you look at Jasmine closely, she had a striking resemblance to Hilary Duff. She motioned for us to wait in her office. We only waited for about a minute before she joined us.

"Sorry, girls," she said, smiling apologetically. "Let's get down to business."

We gave her the forms to fill out and sign. After she was done with the paperwork, she flipped through her calendar.

"Ok, I need the permits back as soon as possible and we'll organize a time where we can go through orientation," she informed us. "How does that sound, girls?"

"Sounds great!" I said, happily.

"Sounds awesome!" Haylie said.

"Great, girls," Jasmine said, smiling. "I'll see you with you work permits in hand in a couple of days."

We thanked her and left the store.

"I can't wait til we work together, Court!" Haylie exclaimed. "I'll see you tomorrow at school!" She turned around and practically bounced her way to her car.

Great. Can't wait.

6 comments:

Jayjay0jt said...

Sorry guys that the spacing is weird, I don't know how to fix it. I'm not computer savvy. :(

mum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mum said...

Does Haylie need to buy a clue or what? She's prego with Court's ex BF's baby. Everything is not OK! mum

Stephanie said...

Haylie must be under some deluded idea that all is forgotten and forgiven. Like mum said, someone needs to buy this girl a clue.

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

You now have another follower :) i am always looking for new blogs. It just seems weird that it is pretty much in real time lol.

Good job :)

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum & Stephanie- Your comments made me LOL. :)

sweetcanadian- Thanks for reading! :)