BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Big Day (Part I)

**** Hey, guys!!!!!!! Today's my 19th birthday! WHOOOOOOOOO! Haha. If you can't tell, I'm kind of excited! It's funny that I'm turning 19 on the 19th! But, yes, I wanted to let you guys know that I might be a little late responding to the comments. Oh. I added my email to the sidebar if anyone has any questions, concerns, comments, criticisms or just wants to have a chat. Have a great day, guys! :)*****

I was excited when I woke up this morning. There was so much to do before the wedding. Since the wedding was held in Sarah's backyard, everything had been set up yesterday. The food was being handled by her mom. All we needed to do was get ready and show up to the ceremony while Sarah's mom handled everything else (ie making sure that everything was where it should be). How hard can that be, just showing up to the ceremony?

I jumped out of bed and got my bridesmaid dress. Sarah had changed her mind about 10,000 times about what the bridesmaid should wear. First, she wanted us to wear a aquamarine colored dress. Within 24 hours, she had changed her mind and wanted us to wear a silver colored dress. Finally, she decided to let us wear a black dress of our choosing, as long as it was ALL black and was approved by her first. I think the dresses she approved were no where near as pretty as hers. Yeah, Sarah's a bit of a control freak. That's Ms. 4.0 for you. I mean, really, what did you expect?

After jumping into the shower and pulling my hair up into a ponytail, I headed over to Sarah's house. We had to meet there to get ready. Of course, I was the first one there.

Sarah's nerves were still going.

"OMG, Courtney!" she exclaimed, nervously, after she let me in. "Today's the day."

"Are you ok?" I asked her, worriedly. She nodded, hesitantly.

"I think so," she said. "I have a mixture of feelings going on. I'm really scared, but I'm really excited. I think mostly excited."

"That's normal, sweetie," I told her. "I'm glad that you're no longer nervous about this."

"Me too," she said.

We went upstairs and waited for Haylie to come over so we could go to the hair salon. We waited and waited. She was nearly 15 minutes late. Sarah made me call her. So, I picked up my phone and dialed Haylie's number.

"Haylie, where the hell are you?" I almost yelled into the phone, before she could even get a word in. "The appointment for the hair salon is in half an hour!"

"Courtney?" she asked, groggily. "Oh. Geez! Today's the wedding, isn't it?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "Get your butt over here!"

"I'm sorry! I overslept!" she exclaimed. "I'm on my way over."

I rolled my eyes when she hung up on me. I didn't want to tell Sarah that Haylie pretty much FORGOT that the wedding was today. I sighed. The doorbell rang a couple minutes later and we were off to the hair salon.

It took us a long time to get our hair done. I was pretty much cranky afterward because of Sarah's perfectionist attitude. She was such a bridezilla in the salon that I felt sorry for the person who did her hair. The hair stylist didn't deserve to get yelled at because one single strand fell out of the bun. That's just my opinion though.

We had quickly gotten our nails done (for the second time this week because Sarah changed her mind about what color nails we should have. I know.) and rushed back into the house. I had left Sarah alone in her room to change into her wedding dress. I quickly changed into my bridesmaid dress and did my make-up before heading downstairs.

I was trying to make it to the backyard to find Sarah's mom to see if she needed help with anything- the flowers, placements, etc. I couldn't find her and ran into someone on the way back into the house.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, laughing nervously at my clumsiness.

"Courtney?" I looked up and saw that it was Henry. I haven't talked to him since I told him that I "loved him" over the phone. To be honest, I was trying to avoid him.

"O-oh, hi Henry," I stuttered, nervously.

"I was just looking for you," he said. "Can we talk?"

9 comments:

ParisPersuasion said...

Oh thats a nice post! Cant wait to see what happens! :)

<3 Amy

ParisPersuasion said...

OMG I forgot HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
WOOHOO 19! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

mum said...

Happy Birthday!!! mum

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Not too surprised Haylie forgot. From what we've seen she is the type of person who if it isn't about her it's not too high on her priority list. But then again I still don't like that girl lol.

Can't wait to see what Henry wants to talk about...hopefully it's something good.

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

Happy birthday, only 2 more years till fully legal lol.

I would have never known you were so young :)

Alicia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!

as for the post, it was really good, and for once i'm not really angry at any of the characters :)

Jayjay0jt said...

I don't know if I know enough different ways to say thank you. Let's see. :)

Amy- Thank you for the birthday wish! :)

Mum- Thanks! :)

Stephanie- 谢谢! :)

HAHA. I don't think anyone's surprised that Haylie forgot. We just love to hate on her. :)

sweetcanadian- Merci! I know! So excited! When I was in Canada, I was 6 months off the Canadian legal age. LOL.

I'll take that as a compliment. Usually people think I'm older. It's pretty funny since last year, people thought I was younger than I actually am. :)

Alicia- Muchas gracias! Ok, I ran out of different ways to say thank you. Phew!

Your comment made me laugh. Didn't Haylie make you mad for forgetting about the wedding? LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday! :) You and my husband share the same day, but he's 19 twice! ;)

mamamia

Jayjay0jt said...

I did have a good birthday, mamamia! Thanks! :)

That's so cool! LOL. I think it was cute that you wrote "19 twice". :)