BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Big Day (Part IV)

Justin broke down in tears a minute after reading the note. I looked at Henry, sadly. I really felt bad for Justin. When Justin started crying, Haylie followed suit. I went inside and grabbed a box of tissues for both of them. I found Henry sitting down next to Justin, trying to comfort him.

"Why would she do this to me?" Justin blubbered.

"I don't know, J," Henry said, patting his back. My heart ached for Justin. I handed him the tissue box.

"Here's the tissues, Justin," I said to him. "Everything's going to be ok, I know it."

"How can everything be ok when the love of my life just ran out on me on our wedding day without an explanation?" he asked me, angrily. He was practically yelling at me. "How is that ok, Courtney? Tell me that!"

I was speechless. I didn't want to say anything else that would provoke Justin. I just bit my tongue and let it go, even though he had no reason to yell at me like that.

"Don't snap at Courtney," Henry said to him. "She didn't do anything to you. She's just trying to be a good friend." Justin sighed.

"I'm sorry, Courtney," he said to me. I gave him a hug. "I don't know what to do. I have a back yard full of people expecting a wedding and I don't even know why she ran out."

"Am I too late for the wedding?" I heard someone yell loudly. I saw someone stumble into the kitchen, obviously drunk. Taylor.

Henry looked at me, surprised. I mirrored the same look. Haylie had her mouth hanging open. I quickly went up to him and brought him into the living room.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed at him. "You weren't invited to the wedding."

"Is that any way to say hello to someone, Courtney?" he asked me, his breath reeking of alcohol. "For your information, Sarah invited me so we could talk."

"Talk? What's there to talk about?" I asked him. Obviously, Ricky had gotten him drunk so Taylor would have the "courage" to come over to talk to me. That's something only Ricky would do, drink before going to a formal function. He went to prom drunk. "There's nothing to talk about, Taylor. You know how I feel."

"But, I love you, Courtney," he exclaimed, loudly. "I don't love Farrah! I love you! I want you back!"

"Taylor, let's talk about this when you're sober," I said to him. "We'll get a coffee or something. Let me call you a cab." I called a cab and sent Taylor on his way. I went back into the kitchen to find only Henry in there.

"Hey, where did Justin and Haylie go?" I asked him, confused.

"They went to tell everyone what happened, I think we're still going to have the reception," he said. "Is everything ok with Taylor?"

"I sent him home in a cab," I told him. "Apparently, Sarah invited him to the wedding so we could talk."

"Oh," was all he said. I went over and kissed him on the cheek.

"I want to start telling people about us," I said to him. He nodded and smiled, probably relieved by the fact that people would know that I'm off limits. Haylie busted into the kitchen in a panic.

"OMG! Justin's gone!" she cried.

"What do you mean Justin's gone?" Henry asked, incredulously.

"I accidentally let it slip why I thought Sarah left! I didn't mean to! It just slipped out!" Haylie exclaimed. "He told everyone to enjoy the reception and that he will be back! I think he's going to do something to that club guy."

"I don't think he's going to talk to the club guy," I said to her. "You don't even know who he is."

"He muttered a name," Haylie said. "I think I heard the name Sean."

"Oh, crap," Henry said.

6 comments:

mum said...

Good Lord. Haylie "accidentally let it slip"? Honestly. Court - slap her good this time and LEAVE A MARK! mum

Alicia said...

i agree with mum, Haylie is such a...I don't even have a word for what she is, but all I know is that I don't like her one bit!

Stephanie said...

Haylie didn't let anything "accidentally" slip. I mean Justin probably does deserve to know that Sarah's doubts weren't completely about him, but not like that and not when he is so obviously upset.

Haylie and Taylor should get together, they're both so messed up they practically deserve eachother.

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- Courtney should have hit Haylie harder when she had a chance!

Alicia- I have a lot of words for what she is. None of which are very appropriate. :)

Stephanie- That's an interesting notion. Haylie and Taylor could procreate and have totally insane children! That sounds like fun! haha.

Stephanie said...

I'm still wondering why Sarah would invite that looser to her wedding. Considering their track record I would think he would be the last person she'd want to see her friend with.

And the thought of Taylor/Haylie's crazy children frightens me.

Jayjay0jt said...

Maybe Sarah didn't want them to get back together, but for them to clear the air and to have the whole Taylor/Logan/Courtney drama to end. Maybe Sarah invited Logan too, but Logan didn't make a scene like Taylor did. :)

The kids would probably be those REALLY hyper kids that jump around, tearing into everything and never stop screaming on shows like Nanny 911. That's what Haylie and Taylor deserve. :)