BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Big Day (Part II)

**OOPS, I forgot to schedule the post and pressed "publish post". So, the time stamp will be a little off. Early post, I guess? I'm sorry about that, guys? It was my mistake. Happy Wednesday! :P)

I gulped nervously. I wanted to avoid Henry for as long as I could, well, at least until after the wedding ceremony was over. Then I really couldn't have avoided him for long because he would come looking for me. I mean, I knew that there was a strong possibility that I had scared him with the "love you" I said over the phone.

Honestly, I kind of scared myself. I didn't mean for it to slip out and I wasn't sure if I meant it as a friend or as something more. I just didn't want Henry to leave. I had caught my breath and managed to find my voice.

"Yeah, sure," I said to him, taking a seat in Sarah's kitchen. "So, um, what do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know how to make this not-uncomfortable," he said, with a sigh. "You told me you loved me over the phone?" I nodded, not knowing what to say. There was an awkward silence.

"I don't think I can say it back to you yet, Courtney," He said, breaking the silence. "It's too early in the relationship to be saying 'I love you' or anything of that sort. I don't want to hurt your feelings for anything, but I'm trying to be honest with you here."

"No, I understand," I told him. I did understand. I mean, I'm not sure of my feelings right now. I'm just glad that he's being so honest. "Now, I'm going to be honest with you. I don't know if I meant it as a friend or as something more, because I do love you as a friend. I do, Henry."

"Good because I feel the same way about you," he said, smiling.

There was something nagging at me about the phone conversation. I suddenly realized what it was.

"Did you tell anyone that we're dating?" I asked him. He looked at me confused.

"No, why?" he asked me, questioningly.

"When I called you that day, one of the guys told you to stop talking to your girlfriend," I said. "Then Adam said that it was just me. It sounded like the guy was teasing, but it didn't sound like Adam was."

Henry laughed and took my hand into his.

"They're guys, they're just joking," he told me. "They wanted me to get off the phone so I could hang out with them. Adam doesn't know about us- no one does. I don't think Adam would care that we're dating."

"Why not?" I asked him.

"He and Zoey got back together," Henry told me. "I thought you knew already?" I shook my head no.

I thought that it was odd that Adam didn't tell me that he and Zoey got back together. I was going to ask Henry when this had happened, but I saw something out of the corner of my eye and realized that the wedding guests were starting to arrive.

"Hey, guys!" I looked up and saw Haylie, looking kind of tipsy. Really? She started drinking already? It wasn't even 1 yet! "What are you guys up to?"

"Nothing!" Henry and I both said quickly. Haylie shot us both a look.

"You guys are acting weird," she said. She shrugged and turned to Henry, batting her eyelashes. "So, you look handsome in a tux, Henry. Did you bring a date? A handsome guy like you should have a date." He looked uncomfortable.

"W-w-well, it's complicated," he stuttered.

"Why don't you tell me all about it over a drink?" she said, flirtatiously. "I'd love to hear all about it."

I couldn't believe that Haylie was being so direct (ok, I can). I mean, this is my boyfriend! She doesn't know that yet, but still! She's hitting on my boyfriend! Well, I'm not all too surprised about that either. Isn't she with Luke? I tried not to rip her hair out, which was proving to be very difficult.

"Come on, Haylie, stop flirting with Henry and come with me to check on Sarah," I said to her. She looked at me with a blank stare. "You know, Sarah? The person who's getting married today? One of your best friends? Ringing any bells?"

"Oh right, Sarah! Gotcha!" she said, giggling.

I rolled my eyes and took her hand, dragging her upstairs to Sarah's room. I knocked on Sarah's door and didn't get hear anything.

"Sarah?" I called. I knocked again, louder, but I still didn't hear a response. "I'm coming in!"

I opened the door and the room was empty. Her bedroom window was open and I found a note taped on her desk.

Justin-
I'm sorry, but I can't go through with this.
I will always love you and I hope you can forgive me someday.
Sarah.

5 comments:

Wet ~n~ Wanting...you said...

Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?!!!!!!!!!!!!

mum said...

OMGosh! Firstly, Haylie needs t be bitch-slapped and then discarded. Sarah, Sarah...I can't believe she did this. Poor Justin. This all should make for some good reading! mum

Alicia said...

oddly enough, i can believe sarah ran. i feel like everyone ignored her uncertainty because everything was already planned and because s and j look like a cute couple. i wouldn't have expected anything less..

as for haylie, she's grimmy.

Stephanie said...

Haylie ignored Henry for how long? And now she is putting on the moves. Just wait till she finds out that Courtney and Henry are dating, she'll be all over him like with Logan.

And well I figured something would happen with Sarah. She has had cold feet for awhile. I feel bad for Justin he is going to be crushed.

Jayjay0jt said...

Nana- Crazy, right? They've been together, practically forever.

Mum- HAHA, Haylie does need to be slapped.

After all those years..

Alicia- That's a good point. Courtney thought she was overreacting and that it was just the normal pre-wedding jitters. I think she was blindsided because S and J were together for so long.

Stephanie- She's already all over him now even though she's with Luke the last time we heard about her.

Poor Justin. :(