BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 5, 2010

Hey Ya

I didn't remember falling asleep last night, but I woke up this morning wishing that I could just hide under a rock for the next couple of days. I had such huge headache and my eyes hurt from all the crying. I groaned and hid my head under my pillow. I feel like crap and I had work all day today. Great, what a great way to spend my 4th of July.

I managed to get myself out of bed and, believe me, it wasn't easy.

I checked my phone and there were a couple of messages from my mom, telling me that she was sorry and asking for my help because she's having trouble picking out a format/font/whatever for her wedding invitations (I deleted those texts). I rolled my eyes. She was delusional if she thinks that a text saying she's sorry is going to get me to help her pick out wedding invitations or anything else wedding related. I don't know if I should send her to an insane asylum or something, because she is definitely off her rocker.

Besides my mom's There was a text from Henry asking if I was ok. I sent him a quick text back, letting him know that I was fine (even though I wasn't sure if I was). I set my phone down to pick out what to wear for work. I had to find something that was red, white, and blue for the holiday. After I had picked out what to wear, my phone rang. It was Henry.

"Hey, Henry, what's up?" I said into the phone.

"Hey, Court," he said. "Are you working today?" I don't know why he was calling me and asking me if I was working today. He knew I was working today. We usually work together because Jasmine thinks that we make a good team.

"Yeah, I am, but you know that already," I said, confused. "We usually work together."

"You're right, I'm just using that as an excuse to call you," he said, with a nervous chuckle. "Not that I need to have a reason to call you. I just wanted to hear your voice." I giggled at his awkwardness.

"You're adorable," I told him, with a small smile on my face. "Do you want me to pick you up for work later or do you want to come here and pick me up? It doesn't really matter either way, really."

"I'll come pick you up, ma chérie," he said, with a perfect pronunciation. I blushed. He called me his "darling", which I don't think anyone has ever called me their "darling" before. I thought it was kind of cute.

"Glad to know the two years of French in high school is working out for you," I joked. "Bet you use that on all the girls."

"Just you," he said, with a chuckle. I blushed again. I was really glad that he couldn't see me.

"Ok, Romeo," I said, laughing. I looked at my clock. "I'll see you in an hour or so?"

"I'll be there," he said, before hanging up. I giggled.

He was a sweetie. I loved how he didn't constantly ask me if I was ok or not. Is it too early to say that I really like Henry? We're not even official yet, but I caught myself humming sappy love songs throughout my usual morning routine. I couldn't help but laugh at how goofy I was being over a guy who hasn't even asked me to be his girlfriend.

I went downstairs, trying to contemplate what to have for breakfast. I decided on scrambled eggs, when I heard someone knock on the door.

That's weird, Henry's really really early. Maybe he wanted to get breakfast together or something?

I went to open the door.

"I didn't know you were coming ear-" I paused.

It wasn't Henry standing there at my front door...

It was Ricky, Taylor's best friend and partner in crime.

What was he doing here?

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

The mom must be on something. First she brings her barely legal boyfriend into the house without even thinking how it would upset her daughters, then she practically tells them she gave up her happiness to raise them, and now she texts with a lame apology and wants their help on wedding invitations. Mom needs to remove her head from her behind and see the damage she has done to her children.

And Henry is such a sweet guy. With all the roadblocks in this relationship he's been patient and understanding.

Oh goodie the firebug. Sure he's there for Taylor, and I am curious to see what he has to say.

azulkrema said...

oh no Ricky is probably there to tell Court that Taylor is miserable and depressed blah blah blah........and really what is Court's mom thinking....saying sorry through a text?? Really, to your daughter?? Not Cool

Jayjay0jt said...

Sorry for the late reply! I've been out all day.

Stephanie- The mom is definitely an interesting character. Who knows what's she thinking or what she's on. She's just a really selfish person.

Henry is surprisingly patient. I don't know many guys who would go through that roller coaster for a girl.

HAHA, firebug. :)

Azulkrema- It'll be interesting to see Ricky, especially since Courtney doesn't like him.

I think the mom might have hit her head on her way out of the marriage. LOL.

Saying sorry through a text doesn't work. Especially if you're saying sorry and then asking for help with your wedding invites. Mom's delusional. Loony bin time! lol.

ParisPersuasion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ParisPersuasion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ParisPersuasion said...

Hey J'et
I just wanted to let you know that I started my own blog recently and I put your blog down in the "Blogs that I read" section. If thats not ok, just let me know Ill take it down..:)
Thankyoy I LOVE LOVE your blog! :-)

Jayjay0jt said...

ParisPersuasion- That is an awesome username!

I don't have a problem with that, feel free! You don't even have to ask. LOL.

I'm heading over to your blog to check it out, I always love having new blogs to read!

Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like it. =]