BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On This Side

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Justin? Justin cheating on Sarah? I couldn't believe it. He was so completely in love with her that you couldn't even find the words to express it. If he didn't completely love her, he wouldn't have proposed to her at such a young age (not really young young, but you get what I'm saying). He wouldn't give up being single if he wasn't sure that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. I mean, come on! We're going to college here. College = lots of cute girls.. Just saying.

I'm going to get off my little tangent now before I start a little rant or start rambling about nonsense.

"I don't understand, why you didn't say anything to me?" I asked a nearly sobbing Sarah. "Why didn't you tell me or Haylie? You didn't have to go through this by yourself, sweetie. You know we're here for you no matter what."

"I don't know!" she cried. "I didn't want to admit it to myself. I think.. I think that I wanted my relationship with Justin to seem like it was perfect- like we didn't have any problems like a normal couple. I mean, we do have our problems that we usually work out, but I don't know. I'm doubting if he can stay faithful to me- to our relationship- if we get married."

"I really think that you're freaking out over nothing, Sarah," I told her. "You forgave him. He hasn't done anything since then, right?"

"No," she answered, sniffling.

"So, I really don't think that he's going to do it again, Sarah," I told her. If he did cheat on you in the first place. I thought. "He's completely in love with you. You can see it in his eyes. He wouldn't have proposed to you if he wasn't sure that he wanted to be with you."

"I guess," she said, looking a little better. "I'm just overreacting to nothing. Thanks, Courtney. You're a great friend." I hugged her.

"No problem, sweetie," I told her. "Are you going to be ok?" She nodded.

"Want me to give you a ride home?" she asked me.

"No thanks," I said. "You get your rest, sleep it off. I'll be fine." She nodded and let me out.

As soon as I was around the corner, I pulled out my cell phone and without even thinking about it, I called Justin.

"Courtney? What's up?" he asked me.

"I don't know how to put this, so I guess I'm just going to cut to the chase and just tell you," I said, quickly. "Sarah told me that you cheated on her a while back." I heard him groan.

"Not this again!" he exclaimed. "I did not cheat on her! She's being paranoid."

"How about you tell me your side of the story?" I asked him. He sighed as if this was the hundredth time that he's had to explain himself. Knowing Sarah, that was probably what happened.

"There was this girl at work named Angela and she was really cool," he said. "We had the same shift all the time and we really clicked- as friends and nothing more. One day, Sarah came in to visit me and assumed that I was cheating on her with Amanda because of our closeness as friends. I tried telling her that Angela and I were just friends because guys and girls can be just friends. But she didn't believe me. So, to this day, she believes that I had cheated on her with Angela. Really, I never hung out with Angela outside of work. If I wasn't working, in school, or sleeping, I was with Sarah. I would never cheat on her, you know that. She just blew everything out of proportion."

Well, I don't know. I can't say that I didn't believe Justin, even though I'm supposed to take Sarah's side. I knew Justin almost as well as I knew Sarah and I know that Justin would never do anything to hurt Sarah. He considered her to be the best thing that has ever happened to him.

I can kind of relate. It's like the whole situation with me and Adam. I can't count how many people have thought or once thought that we were going out, when we were just friends. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. I felt really bad for Justin that he had to go through the same thing, but with the added fact that his girlfriend thought that he was cheating on her with his friend.

"Do you believe me?" Justin asked me, breaking through my thoughts.

"Of course," I told him. "I don't know if Sarah ever will though."

4 comments:

Alicia said...

oooh, i dunno if i believe him. courtney should've made sarah explain her side of the story instead of just assuming that she was blowing something out of proportion. Then she went and automatically believed justin without question. it just doesn't make sense that court would question sarah automatically without even second guessing justin, and they've known each other for about the same time. I don't like the way she handled this one at all!

Great post as usual :)

Stephanie said...

I think I actually believe him. I mean even Courtney herself said the other day that she just couldn't see him cheating, I even said it. From what we've been told Justin has been in love with Sarah practically since birth and they are connected at the hip. But I agree she should have asked for Sarah's version of events as well.

mum said...

I'm leaning toward believing Justin as well. Maybe Sarah wants to believe he messed around because she's not ready to get married. mum

Jayjay0jt said...

Alicia- Thank you! :)

Well, there might be some other factors that lead Courtney to believe Sarah over Justin. Court didn't really say that she thought Sarah blew everything out of proportion, just that she believed Justin.. which I guess could indirectly be agreeing that Sarah was blowing everything out of proportion?

We'll see how this plays out. :)

Stephanie- Exactly, Justin has been in love with Sarah since as long as anyone can remember. I don't think anyone could see him as a cheater, well, except for Sarah.

I think Courtney was just trying to calm her down and didn't really think about asking her, which is probably why she immediately called Justin. Justin is a pretty good guy, from what we know. Court probably thinks that he wouldn't lie to her about something as big as this.

Mum- Maybe, maybe not. I know some girls who ALWAYS thinks their boyfriend is cheating on them. So, it could just be the paranoid thing.

We'll see how this goes. :)