BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Big Day (Part III)

I held the note in my hand, reading it several times over. I was shocked, to say the least. I would have never thought that Sarah would run off like this. I mean, she loves Justin and Justin loves her. They're soul mates. Anyone who looked at them knew it. They were voted cutest couple in high school for heaven's sake.

Haylie looked at me, looking just as shocked as I was. I found Sarah's wedding dress hanging on the door when I closed it. I shook my head in disbelief. I can't believe this is happening. That's when it hit me. Someone is going to have to tell Justin what happened. He's going to be completely devastated.

"What are we going to do? OMG, someone has to tell Justin! OMG! OMG! OMG!" Haylie was hyperventilating. I tried to calm her down, but nothing that I was doing was helping. Before I knew it, I saw my hand slap her right across the face. "Ow! Courtney!"

It felt good to slap her. I wanted to do that earlier when she was hitting on Henry. Too bad I didn't slap her hard enough to leave a mark. I mentally smiled. Does that make me a horrible person? It probably does.

"I need you to calm down," I said to her, annoyed. "We need to find Justin and tell him."

"I don't want to tell him this!" Haylie yelled, loudly. "You're such a bitch for slapping me!" I heard a knock on the door.

"Is everything alright?" I heard Henry ask. I opened the door and pulled him into the room before shutting the door behind him.

"Sarah's gone," I told him.

"What do you mean Sarah's gone?" he asked me.

"I mean that she got cold feet and left Justin," I told him. I handed him the note. "Here, she left this." He read the note and his jaw dropped.

"All of the wedding guests are here," he said to me, still in disbelief. "I can't believe she'd do this on her wedding day."

"Why would she run away like this?" Haylie asked. "She and Justin looked completely happy together."

"She was mentioning something about Justin cheating on her when I talked to her the other day," I said. "When I got both her side of the story and Justin's side, it didn't seem like he cheated on her at all."

"No!" Haylie exclaimed, as if realizing something. "It can't be!" Henry and I looked at her confused.

"What?" Henry asked her. Haylie bit her bottom lip, hesitating to say anything.

"Sarah started having feelings for this one guy she met in one of her clubs back when we were still in high school," Haylie said. "I mean, I shrugged it off as just a crush, but I don't know. She always talked about him and they were spending a lot of time together, getting really close to each other. I took it as them being really good friends, but now, I'm not so sure. Maybe it wasn't Justin who had cheated, but Sarah."

"I don't know," I said, with a sigh. "We won't have any answers why she did this until Sarah gives us one. All I know is that we can't stay in here forever. We have to go downstairs and tell Justin." We agreed that we were going to tell him together.

We slowly made our way downstairs, trying to procrastinate the bad news. We located Justin in the backyard talking to one of his relatives. I took a deep breath and walked up to them.

"Hello, my name is Courtney," I said to the woman that Justin was talking to. She introduced herself as Justin's aunt. After a few minutes of small talk, I managed to get Justin alone so Haylie, Henry, and I could talk to him.

"Justin, we have something to tell you, man," Henry said. He looked at Haylie to continue.

"It's pretty bad news, you should sit down for this," Haylie said, sitting him down on the chair behind him.

"What? What is it?" Justin asked us. I took a deep breath and tried not to stumble over my words.

"Sarah's.. Sarah's gone," I said to him. "She left this note." I handed him the note.

I've never seen someone look as heartbroken as Justin did when he read that note.

4 comments:

mum said...

Not that I trust Haylie any farther than I could throw her..but what she says makes sense. Maybe Sarah was trying to blow the Justin thing all out of proportion to justify feelings/actions that she had for this other guy. Wow!

Glad Court got a good smack in, even if it didn't leave a mark! LOL mum

Stephanie said...

Haylie may be telling the truth but she doesn't have a good track record. No way to know except to talk to Sarah. What a twist though.

And glad Courtney slapped Haylie. She's deserved that and so much more for awhile now.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your blog. Sat here all day and got caught up on all of it. Can't wait to read whats in store.

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- Hopefully Sarah comes back so we can get the full story on this.

LOL. Haylie deserved it for all the crap she's done. :)

Stephanie- She might be. I don't think Courtney completely buys the story just yet, probably because she knows how Haylie is.

Anonymous- Thank you! :) I'm glad that you're reading!

Have a great weekend, guys! :)