BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Henry and I were planning on going out to see a movie tonight to celebrate my 18th birthday. After much playful arguing, we had decided to go out and see the new Twilight movie. I really wanted to see what happened after the last movie and Henry.. Well, Henry wanted to go see that new Sandler movie, but I didn't want to see a comedy tonight. All it took was a promise that I would buy the popcorn. I was an extremely happy girl. Lucky, that I had a boyfriend that would go with me to see a Twilight movie.

Yes, I did. I did said boyfriend. Henry officially asked me to be his girlfriend this morning. Let me see if I can recall all of the details..

*

It was 6 in the morning. I had grudgingly walked downstairs to answer the door, yawning and rubbing my eyes the entire way down the stairs. I opened the door to find Henry standing there.

"Henry?" I asked, sleepily. I was leaning on the door, my eyes heavy. "It's 6 in the morning. Go away."

"I have something really important to talk to you about," he said to me. "Can I come in?" I think I nodded and I let him in. I cuddled next to him on the couch.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked him, wishing that I was in my nice, warm bed. "It has to be important if you couldn't wait until later to tell me."

"I wanted to be the first person to wish you a happy birthday," he said, with a smile. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small jewelry box. He gently placed it in my hands. "Open it."

I looked at him confused. I opened the box and found a gorgeous heart shaped ruby pendant in white gold. I gasped in delight.

"Oh, Henry, it's beautiful," I gushed. I was grinning in awe of how beautiful the necklace was. Henry had such good taste. "I can't accept it though, it's too much."

"It's not too much," he insisted. "Really, Court, I'd give you anything you want, just to see you smile." I blushed.

He took a deep breath and I thought I was dreaming. I thought I heard him say: "Courtney, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will, Henry!" I said, kissing him. I was grinning like an idiot. "Of course! Of course!"

"Here, let me help you put this on," he said to me, with happiness written all over his face.

*

So, now, I was walking around the movie theater with a goofy grin on my face and wearing the necklace he gave me.

"When do you want to tell everyone that we're together?" Henry asked me.

I thought about it for a second. I honestly didn't know how the group would react to our relationship. They had practically laughed in our faces back when we were crushing on each other. I don't know if they would be supportive of our relationship. Then, I had the perfect idea.

"Let's tell them after the wedding!" I exclaimed. Justin and Sarah's wedding was next week. That would give us enough time to prepare what we would say to them and everyone would be so happy that Justin and Sarah had gotten married that they couldn't possibly hate on our relationship. "Everyone would be either too happy or drunk to disagree with our relationship."

"I don't want to take away from their wedding," Henry said. He was right, it really wouldn't be fair to make their wedding day all about me and Henry. "Let's tell them when they get back from their honeymoon." I nodded in agreement.

After watching the movie, we walked to the car chattering about which team we were on. I was on Team Jacob and he was on Team Edward. Our interesting conversation was interrupted by my phone obnoxious ringing.

"Hello?" I said into my phone.

"Courtney, it's me," the voice said, breathlessly. Sarah. "Can you come over?"

"Is there something wrong, Sarah?" I asked her. "I'm on my way over." I got into the passenger side of Henry's truck.

What's wrong? He mouthed to me.

I don't know. I mouthed back to him. He quickly started the car and got on the road to her house.

"Uh, I'm not sure, maybe," she said, after a pause on the phone. "I think.. I think I don't want to go through the wedding, Courtney."

6 comments:

Wet ~n~ Wanting...you said...

ohhh noooo!! Not Justin and Sarah!!! Don't get cold feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

The third movie is awesome! And well I am team Edward. The only one I can't really stand is Bella. Weird huh.

And yeah I wondered if Sarah would be able to go through with the wedding. They got together early, and have been together forever. And college is a whole new ballgame.

ParisPersuasion said...

TOTALLY TEAM JACOB! :) This movie was the best one of all of them! :) I actually really dont like Bella, but I kind of warmed up to her in the one! :)

Oh and Justin and Sarah, well I love them together! But they are only 18, I dont know! Definetly cant wait to see though! :P Loved the post, LOVE HENRY! :)

Alicia said...

That's sweet of Henry to do. As for the movie, I can't comment I haven't seen it yet.

Oh, but I agree with Stephanie and Amy, Bella just sucks. I just think its wrong that she led Jacob on like that.

Jayjay0jt said...

Oh, man. I have a whole Fast-Talking Friday post about Twilight. So! There might be spoilers in there so I will warn now. :)

As for Sarah and Justin. They are only 18. Maybe she's realizing that it's too early to get married? We'll see in the next post. :)

Sorry for the late comment, but I'm in school from 8 to 8. (YAY!)

Stephanie said...

I don't know if my Bella hate is Bella herself or Kristen Stewart. I can't stand how Bella lead Jacob on and I can't stand how Kristen Stewart can't seem to get out a simple sentence without pausing and gasping for breath. It annoys me.