BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 12, 2010

Your Betrayal

It took us about five minutes to get to Sarah's house. We found her sitting on the curb, with her head buried in her lap. I immediately threw myself out of the car and ran up to her, wrapping my arms around her in a hug. It didn't take me long to realize that she was crying. I looked at Henry, helplessly- not knowing what to do.

"Are you ok?" I asked her, still hugging her.

"No!" She cried. "Does it look like I'm ok?"

Henry and I looked at each other. She was really upset over this. I wondered what happened. I wondered if Justin did something to her or if something happened (like a fight) that caused her to break down.

"Hey, I'm going to go," Henry said to me. "Is that ok?"

"Yeah, I'll just stay here with her." I told him. "I think that it's better if you go, Henry."

"I understand," Henry said. "I'll see you tomorrow, Courtney. I'm not quite sure what is going on, but I hope everything is ok with you, Sarah."

He waved at me and Sarah, who looked up long enough to wave bye to Henry. She sniffled.

"Hey, do you want to go back inside so we can talk about this?" I asked her.

"Sure," she said, sniffling.

I walked her back into the house. When we were inside, I got a good look at her face. It looked like she had been crying for hours. Her face was all red and puffy. We went into her room and I saw a bunch of tissues all over the floor. We sat down on her bed. I really couldn't help but wonder what was going on.

"What's wrong, Sarah?" I asked her. "What happened?"

"Nothing really happened," she sighed. "I don't know, Courtney. I just feel like maybe we're maybe moving too fast. I mean, we're just going to college and we have our whole lives to think about. What if he's not right for me? What if the only reason why we're doing this is because we've been together for so long?"

"Ok, Sarah," I said, with a sigh. "I really don't know what to say, mostly because I have never been in this type of situation before, but I really think that you're freaking out over nothing. It's normal to have cold feet. It's normal to have second thoughts. I mean, this is a really big step that you're taking. I don't blame you for freaking out."

"I don't know," she said, uncertainly.

I kind of got the feeling that she wasn't telling me something. It felt like she was hiding something from me. I don't know too much of her relationship with Justin because they like to keep things private. They don't talk about their problems to anyone. I mean, I didn't even think that they had problems. They just seemed so happy all the time.

"Are you not telling me something, Sarah?" I asked her. "I mean, it's ok if you don't want to tell me. I completely understand."

"It's kind of hard for me to talk about it," she said, with her voice wavering. "I mean, I don't like to talk about my relationship problems."

"It's ok, Sarah, if you don't want to," I told her.

"No, I'll talk about it," she said. "But, keep in mind that this happened over a year ago."

"Ok," I said. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Justin and I really love each other," she told me. "I mean, if we didn't, we wouldn't have been together for all of these years and be planning on getting married. I know that he's really looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together and it looks really bad that I'm questioning if I want to spend the rest of my life with him." She had tears in her eyes.

"Go on, sweetie," I told her. "It's ok."

"Well, over a year ago, Justin.." she trailed off. She started crying. "He cheated on me, Courtney. Justin cheated on me."

5 comments:

ParisPersuasion said...

Oh no poor Sarah, she didnt share it with anyone! :(
I didnt think from what we've heard about Justin he would do that! In one way I can say everyone makes mistakes but on the other hand thats a big mistake to make!

Stephanie said...

Wow never expected that out of Justin. And can't believe Srah could keep that a secret for a year. I can't imagine going through that without some support from friends.

But I'll reserve judgement on Justin until we get the full story.

Jayjay0jt said...

ParisPersuasion- I know, right? It's like she's been living in solitude or something.

People tend to surprise you. The innocent-looking ones can be the worse ones out of the bunch.

We'll hear more about Justin before making a judgment.

Stephanie- It's crazy. I couldn't keep a secret that big from my friends. Sarah's an overachiever, maybe she just threw herself into her work.

We'll hear about Justin. :)

Anonymous said...

Do you think you could have the side bar that lists the blogs you also read? You mention them on your comments, but I would love constant links to ALL of them, so once I get done with your fabulous blog, I can see the ones you like as well. I keep forgetting what some of them are lol

That would be awesome. But if you are unable to, I would understand! Just a fellow blog lover wanting more blogs to be addicted to :)

And I LOVE your blog, by the way. I don't comment often, but it is a favorite! Also, a huge Henry fan. Definitely Team Henry!! :)

Jayjay0jt said...

Sure, anonymous! No prob. I'll have it up ASAP.

Thank you for the compliment! I'm so glad that you like the blog! I'll add another person to Team Henry. :)

Thank you for reading! I'm going to post my blog list right now for you. :)