BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Honestly

I tried to rack my brain for a reason why Ricky was here. I couldn't come up with anything. All I could do was glare at him, trying to hide my confusion. Apparently, I wasn't doing such a good job since he laughed. I assumed that he was laughing at me.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked him, rudely. "Why are you here? I'm busy."

"Can I come in?" he asked me, ignoring both of my questions. I rolled my eyes and stepped aside so he could come in. "Thank you. You're such a gracious hostess." He smirked.

I fought the urge to punch him in the face. I hated Ricky and his cockiness. He thinks he's the best thing that has ever happened to women. He was just an asshole. He tried to hit on me back when we were in high school when he knew that Taylor and I were going out. And he was supposed to be Taylor's best friend. Seriously, he's a sleazeball. I wish that he didn't have to come back from college in the summer.

"So, how have you been, Courtney?" he asked me, after sitting down on the couch next to me. I sighed.

"Ricky, I don't know why you're here, but I'm actually busy," I told him, trying not to sound completely rude. "Can you just cut to the chase and tell me why you came over today?"

"Really, Courtney? You don't have time to chat with an old friend?" he asked me. "I haven't seen you in a long time." He put his hand on my knee. I rolled my eyes and moved to the recliner.

I sighed. I don't really know why I let him in in the first place. I was curious as to why he was here, but now, I just really wanted him out of my house. I don't have time for his little games.

"I have to go to work," I told him. "If you're not going to tell me why you're here, I'm going to ask you to leave."

"You're no fun, Courtney," he said, with one of his creepy smirks. "Fine, I'll get on with it."

"Thank you," I said, gratefully.

"So, I heard that you know what happened with the McNeely fire," he said.

"Maybe," I said.

"I just want to make sure that you're not a loudmouth like Farrah and go blabbing about this all around town," he said, a little threateningly. I blinked at him, confused.

"I haven't said anything to anyone, Ricky," I told him. "I didn't tell a soul that it was you who did it."

"Shh!" he shushed me. "Do you want someone to hear you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Everyone's asleep here, no one's going to hear," I said, biting my lip.

"I wouldn't have this problem if Taylor hadn't screw things up by falling in love with you and started blabbing to you about everything that happened," he said, angrily. "I swear, if you ever tell anyone..."

"I won't!" I practically yelled.

We sat there in silence. I looked away and heard him sigh.

"You know that he's still in love with you, right?" he asked me, softly. "He talks about you all the time. He doesn't love Farrah the way he loves you. I really wanted you to know that." I sighed.

I was starting to think that Taylor sent him over here to talk to me about my feelings about him and for Ricky to prove that Taylor was telling the truth about the fire. I was glad to have the opportunity to clear things up and maybe Ricky will talk some sense into Taylor, since Taylor does everything Ricky says.

"It doesn't matter if he still loves me, Ricky," I told him. "He had his chance. He made his choice. He's going to have to live with it."

"He didn't have a choice, he was protecting me," he protested. I scoffed at him. "Do you love him?"

I didn't even have to think about that question before I answered. I already knew how I felt about him, about the whole situation, about everything.

"I did love him, but not anymore," I said to him, trying to sound confident. "He didn't have any form of contact with me after we broke up. He didn't call me to tell me he was sorry. He didn't ask to stay friends. He just cut me out of his life completely. So, I moved on. Maybe it's time for him to move on too."

"Maybe he should," he whispered. "Or maybe he shouldn't and just fight for you."

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I like how you wrote Ricky's character. He is a complete sleezeball, but how you wrote him makes me feel like he's someone that I already know. I mean, I think everyone knows that one person that thinks he's God's gift to women and I feel like you hit him on the head with a hammer, so to speak.

Great post as usual, just hope Courtney doesn't break Henry's heart. Remember, Henry is my favorite!!!

mum said...

Ricky is icky. What a complete sleazy douchebag. I'm glad Courtney stood firm in her resolve to move on. Wonder if Taylor will do the same. mum

Stephanie said...

Ricky is a nasty piece of work that's for sure.

And well I hope Taylor doesn't inturrupt Courtney's life more than he already has. Because Farrah would ALWAYS be lurking the shadows. And I have friends that I would probably keep a secret of this magnitude for. But if that secret made me sacrifice my happiness? Sorry Charlie.

Jayjay0jt said...

Alicia- Thanks, I'm glad you liked the post. =]

Haha. Actually, I wish I could hit Ricky with a hammer literally. But he wasn't so bad at the end.

I'll try to remember that Henry's your favorite. :)

Mum- That's a good question. It all depends on what Ricky tells him to do.

Stephanie- I don't know what's going through Taylor's head right now, but he can't keep the constant back and forth going. It's like.. Today, he likes Court. Tomorrow, he likes Farrah.

Farrah's too crazy to go away that easily.

I guess Ricky and Taylor are like brothers or have a relationship that's close to that if he's willing to give up his happiness for Ricky. Then again, it wouldn't be the end of the world if Taylor isn't with Court. Many other Farrah-like fishes in the sea. :)