BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 27, 2009

First Fast-Talking Friday!!! Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Hey guys!

I hope you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving! I know I did! Thanksgiving is the only time of year that my family eats turkey (mostly because we eat so much and we get sick of it). We don't have the BIG family gathering for Thanksgiving, so it's a 20+ lb turkey for 4 people. I'm already sick of turkey and it's day 2. I want to hear about your Thanksgiving!

There will be a change in the posting schedule! I would like you guys to get to know me a little bit. So, Fridays would now be Fast-Talking Fridays. If you guys knew me, you would instantly go "Yes, she does talk REALLY fast!" I tend to ramble a bit, so *WARNING* =P

Let's get the first Fast-Talking Friday going.

I have never properly introduced myself. My name is Janet, but I really dislike the name, so I prefer to go by J'et (pronounced Jet, like Jet li). My mom named me Janet because she believed that people with the name Janet are intelligent people. It didn't help me out too much, since I believe I am of average intelligence. My friend Luke is the one who came up with J'et and I really like it, so J'et it is.

I want to thank Alicia for pointing out to me that there was something wrong with the comment section of this blog. I believe that it's due to the new layouts that I'm trying out. I might have to keep this one just so we don't have any more problems. I know that you guys are pretty sick of having the layout changed on you every couple of days, so I'm going to stop. AND! I'm pretty sure that I fixed the comment problem. *fingers crossed*

Currently, I am suffering from writer's block. I am being swamped with papers and essays and debate preparations. Finals are coming up soon also.

I am also suffering from a self-declared low dose of depression. I wanted to be a Psychology major to become a forensics psychologist or a high school/college counselor, but, I did not get into the Anatomy class I needed for the major due to the high number of nursing students. There are currently over 100 people on the waitlist for each anatomy class offered at my Community College and over 100 people waitlisted at our sister college.

Our district changed the requirements so in Fall of '10, you MUST take Human Biology before you can take Anatomy (which would put me over transferrable units). There were only 150 spots for Anatomy, which is ridiculous because it is required for nursing students to take it, for psych students to take it, and apparently potential history teachers need to take it also. I am feeling a little blue. Hopefully I will get into the class during the summer (that is.. if we even have summer school).

Enough about school! Has anyone watched New Moon? I'm not a Twlight fan, but I'm going to see it tomorrow and I would like to hear your thoughts/comments/and opinions on it! I think I'm currently Team Taylor.

Well, Happy Belated Thanksgiving, guys! :)

4 comments:

Alicia said...

YAY!! your posts have been fixed! I can finally leave a comment.

So I saw New Moon, and it was A LOT better than the first, still not as good as the books though, but what can ya do?

I'm sorry that you can't get into an anatomy class. Are you planning on transfering to a 4-year college? Because if you are, couldn't you take another class and then take anatomy later?

Well I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Mine was super gay. I had to work from 4-close and my dad brought out the turkey as I was leaving. But, the guy I'm dating invited me over to his house after I got off, and he fixed me a plate and made me eat and relax. It was a really great ending to a crappy day.

Jayjay0jt said...

I haven't read any of the books (and I don't plan to) because then I would feel like a follower. Do you need to watch the 1st movie before you can watch New Moon? I don't want to be lost and have no idea what's going on.

I'm planning on transferring, but there's a limit on how many units are transferrable. I would be 1 unit over, and I'd have to take the class over the summer or at another college. I'm going to talk to my counselor in Feb. to see what she thinks!

I thought that most places were closed on Thanksgiving. :) I used to work in retail and we never worked Thankgiving. But I'm glad that everything is working out with the guy you're dating. He sounds like he is supersweet. I hope he's a keeper. :)

Anonymous said...

Bookmarked this. Sometimes non-standard due to you after sharing. Definitely advantage my time.

Anonymous said...

This is a superior article as they all are. I bring into the world been wondering about this an eye to some time now. Its great to get this info. You are reasonable and balanced.