BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Too Little Too Late

"Are you kidding me?" I asked him. I couldn't believe it. He's joking. He can't be serious. Adam shook his head.

"Steve dumped her after she had sex with him," he said, sighing. Poor Haylie. I can imagine what she is going through. This is exactly like the Taylor situation. I pushed Taylor out of my mind, I don't need to be thinking about all the creepy things he has been doing lately.

"Do you think that we should go over there?" I asked. "I know we should, but I mean, she probably hates me right now. I mean, I completely understand where she's at right now, but she hates me."

"No, Court, she doesn't hate you," Adam said. "We should give her tonight to work it out. You know how she is. She uses violence on the first day. I rather her hit her pillow than have her hit me. She also told me that she didn't want to see anyone tonight. She means it."

I know that girls are insanely complicated, but when Haylie says she doesn't want to see anyone tonight, she means it. She's not one of those girls who say one thing and mean the opposite. It's really refreshing to be around someone like that. The only thing with complete honesty, is complete trust. Haylie trusts too easily.

"I knew this was going to happen," I said to myself. "I didn't want it to happen, but I knew it would."

Adam held me in his arms. I had started to tear up.

"I know, Court," he said, reassuringly.

"I tried to protect her," I said. "I tried to get her to see that he wasn't the one for her. That he was a bad guy who was after one thing. He wanted her virginity. I knew that. I tried to tell her, but she wouldn't listen." Adam sighed. I had started crying.

"You can't blame yourself, Courtney," he said, softly. "It's not your fault. Things happen for a reason, it's just the way it's supposed to be." He handed me a box of tissues.

"I just wish that she didn't have to go through this," I said. "She's going to have a hard time trusting guys again."

Steve was Haylie's first serious boyfriend. Well, however serious one could be after a couple of months. She must be heartbroken. I couldn't believe that someone would want to hurt Haylie like he did. He was a complete asshole.

"We'll go visit her tomorrow?" I asked him, sniffling.

"I think I'll call her tonight to see how she's doing," he said. "If she feels like she should be by herself tomorrow, then we'll see her on Monday."

"Yeah, ok." I said.

I wish I had pushed harder. I hated knowing that she was in pain. I wish I could take the pain away from her. I don't want her to go through this pain. If I could go back in time, I would have done things differently. I wouldn't have yelled. I would have hung around Steve more and watched his behavior. I would have followed him to see where he was going. I would have.. There were alot of things that I would have done, but I can't go back and change the past.

0 comments: