BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 6, 2009

A Little Repo and Jealousy

Logan's car got repossessed.

I wasn't there when it had happened. Brittany had given me a ride over to Logan's house after school so we could study. When I had got there, I knocked on his door. He had opened it for me, but he was on the phone talking to someone. He motioned to me to go into his room and to wait. I heard bits and peaces of his conversation as I walked to his room.

"Yeah, I see that," I heard him say. "Is there anything I could do?"

I decided that it wasn't polite to eavesdrop, even when it came to my boyfriend's matters. I closed the door to his room and decided to open my book to study. I don't remember how long I was sitting in his room studying before Logan came in.

"I'm sorry about that, babe," he said. He kissed my forehead. "There's some stuff going on in my family and my car got repossessed."

"What?" I cried. "How? What happened?"

"It seems that my dad has missed some payments," he said, sighing. "It was so close to being paid off. I think. I can't believe that it's gone." I gave him a hug.

"I know that this is hard on you," I said. "It will be ok though."

"My parents gave me that car for my 16th birthday and I was helping them pay it off," he told me. "I loved it. Now, it's going to be auctioned off to the highest bidder."

"Oh, baby," I said, sadly. I rubbed his arm to comfort him.

"We're going to the auction on Monday to see if we can buy back the car," he said. "So, I won't be at school then."

"It's ok, you need to get your car back," I said. "I understand."

I would have offered to go with him, but we are in a new relationship. I thought that it would be weird. We still haven't gotten around to talking about our ex-es and all that good stuff. I haven't heard from Taylor since the Halloween costume incident. Logan still has no idea that something happened. I mean, I didn't want to dump all of this on him right now, when our relationship is new. I don't want to scare him off with all of the Taylor business.

"I would ask you to come with me," he said. "It's just that I don't want to drag you into this. Okay?" I nodded.

"No, I understand, Logan," I said, smiling. "Don't worry about me, just worry about your car."

"I wanted to talk to you about something," he said.

"Yea?" I asked him.

"I don't know how to say this," he said, hesitantly. He sighed. "I've been getting a weird vibe from Adam."

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"I don't know if it's just me, but, I feel like he's stalking you," he told me. "I feel like every time I'm with you, he's there glaring at me."

"Are you sure that you're not just jealous?" I asked him. I was curious what his response was. He laughed at me.

"Why would I be jealous of Adam?" he asked me. He looked at me like I was insane.

"Well, I mean, we're really close," I said. "I think you're just imagining things."

"I don't think I'm imagining it," he told me, seriously.

"Ok, if you really feel that way, I'll have a talk with him tomorrow, ok?" I told him. "I'll give you a ride to work tomorrow?"

"That would be great, babe," he said, smiling.

I still think that he's jealous of Adam.

0 comments: