BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Stronger

I dropped Logan off at work before heading over to Adam's house. He wasn't expecting me, so I decided to ring the doorbell. I heard him mumbling through the door and saying something about it being too early in the morning. He finally decided to let me in.

"Mmm, what do you want?" he asked, groggily.

"What a nice way to greet one of your best friends," I said, rolling my eyes.

"You're the one who woke me up," he grumbled. He liked to sleep in on the weekends.

"Why are you mad at me?" I asked him, bluntly. I decided to cut to the chase and not dance around the issue. He was acting really weird. I know that he loved to sleep in on the weekends, but he's never been this rude to me about it.

"What are you talking about?" he asked me, acting surprised. "I'm not mad at you." I sighed.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked him, exasperated. "You've been acting weird."

"No, I haven't," he quickly denied. I sighed.

"This is me you're talking to, Adam," I said. "Talk to me. I feel like you haven't been open to me lately and you can talk to me about anything."

He paced back and forth, running his hands through his hair. He looked like he was debating on whether or not he should tell me what was bothering him. Finally, after what seemed like forever, he let out a big sigh. I assumed that I had to brace myself for what was coming.

"I'm irritated that you're spending so much time with Logan that you're neglecting your friends," he admitted. "I'm irritated that you and Haylie are fighting and that Haylie wants to put me in the middle of it. The two of you are my best friends and I don't feel comfortable with that. I think that you're wrong to convince her not to live her life the way she wants. I think that you should let her make her own mistakes. I'm tired of being the nice guy."

Wow. I can't believe that Haylie was trying to put Adam in the middle. Or that Adam thinks that I'm ditching him to hang out with Logan. I'm really not surprised that Adam disagrees with me about the whole Steve thing. He loved Steve.

"Well, Adam," I started to say. I paused for a second. "I'm sorry that Haylie is putting you in the middle of our disagreement."

"It's ok," he mumbled.

"I'm sorry that you feel like I'm neglecting you in favor of Logan," I said. "I don't mean to make you feel second best or anything."

"It's ok," he mumbled again.

"You're one of my best friends, Adam," I told him. "We've known each other forever. You know that I love you." He smiled.

"Does that mean that you're going to make me breakfast?" he joked. I laughed. Food always cheers him up.

"Sure," I said, sticking my tongue out at him. "Are we cool?"

"We're cool," he said, grinning.

0 comments: