BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 13, 2009

She Will Be Loved

Today was one of the most relaxing days that I've had lately. I needed a break from everything that is going on in my life. I can't deal with the fact that my best friend and I aren't speaking. I can't deal with the fact that Taylor has popped back into my life and I know something's going to happen. Why else would he have left that cake on my doorstep? All this drama is going to kill me one day. I wonder if it'll ever get easier, maybe a life without drama? A girl can hope, can't she?

Well, what made today such a great day was that Brittany and I had found a stray kitty wandering around the neighborhood. It was so cute! It didn't have a collar on and no identification. We brought it in the house and gave it some milk and tuna. She gobbled up the tuna like there was no tomorrow. The poor thing was starving. She purred nonstop after we had given her her dinner. After checking her out, we figured out that it was a girl!

Usually, I don't see strays running around Beachside. I figured that it was someone's kitty that had gotten loose and ran off without knowing where her home was. I think she was too young to realize which house was her house.

"I think we should put up posters to see if she belongs to anyone, Brit," I said.

"But she's adorable!" She protested. "Mom and Dad would let us keep her. " I looked at the grey kitty. She had cute little black stripes and her fur was so soft. I knew that our parents would let us keep her, but she belongs to someone.

"Brit, how would you feel if our kitty ran away and someone found her but didn't put posters up to find her owner?" I asked her. I watched as the kitty curled up into a ball and closed her eyes. She really was adorable.

"Fine," she said, a little angry. She knew that I was right. I knew that she became automatically attached to the kitty and didn't want to see her leave. We both had a soft spot for animals. We especially adore cats.

We spent the next few hours getting taking pictures of the kitty (if anything, we would have a little souvenir of the short time we had the kitty), photos developed and making posters to post around town. Beachside isn't a big town, I think we can find the kitty's owner.

After making what felt like a million posters, we went around town to post them up. I hope that no one calls to claim her because the kitty's such a cutie. I feel like it makes me a bad person because part of me doesn't want the kitty's owner to find her. I really hope that Karma come and get me for being selfish.

I really hope that the kitty can stay.

0 comments: