BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Our Time Now

I was extremely glad that I had stayed home from school today. I had already avoided going to school yesterday and had opted to just hide out in my room. Logan hasn't sent me another text or stopped by or called me. I think he is avoiding me because of the rumors. He should know that they aren't true!

My dad was getting mad at me for staying home and avoiding my problems when I should be facing them. He made me go to San Francisco with him. He thought that it would be a good idea for me to get out of the house. We went to Union Square and looked at workers trimming the Christmas tree. The Christmas tree was HUGE! It's like one of those ones that you see on TV in New York!

Then we went into Macy's (it's 7 stories! I've never been to a Macy's that was 7 stories!) to look at women's stuff. We looked at the handbags. I think it's weird that I look at handbags with my dad and not my mom. My mom doesn't like to go shopping very much. After we went to Macy's we decided to go get something to eat in Chinatown, which was only a couple of blocks away.

Of course, we passed by Juicy Couture (it was 3 stories!). I had to go inside. It was amazing! Of course, my dad and I looked at their handbags. I wished that Haylie was there with us so we could gush about how cute the bags were.

I'm now debating on whether or not to get a Coach bag. It's more classy than a Juicy bag. It would look more professional when I am older.

My dad and I ate at this Japanese restaurant in Chinatown. It was weird. The food was amazing! I ordered the teriyaki beef. The meat was grilled to perfection. Their California rolls were divine. Honestly, the best California rolls I've ever had. They had these yam fries that tasted like curly fries. This is my new favorite restaurant. What was weird about this restaurant was that the owners were Chinese. It shouldn't be weird, but I thought it was.

"Honey, how long do you plan on staying home?" my dad asked me.

"Until it blows over," I said, stubbornly. "Or never! I can always be homeschooled."

"It's your senior year, Court," he said. "You're going to miss out on prom, graduation, grad night, your senior trip, and the whole senior experience."

"Dad, these people think I'm a whore," I told him. He looked at me with an eyebrown raised. I quickly added, "I'm not, you know that!"

"Yes, sweetheart, but you shouldn't care what other people think," he said. "In June when you graduate, everyone would be going to different colleges and different places. Pretty soon, your classmates will be starting a new life somewhere else. These petty rumors won't matter then."

I thought about what my dad said. He was right. We're all leaving in June. Who knows if we'll even see each other? The majority will go to different colleges throughout the state and some would even go to a college out of state. It's not going to matter.

I smiled at him.

0 comments: