BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Smooth Criminal

I had tried to forget about the whole Taylor situation. I had hoped that he had forgotten about me and had moved onto some other "lucky" girl. Just my luck, that didn't happen.

I was in the bathroom, getting ready for bed when I heard someone in my room. I thought nothing of it, I thought that it was Brittany borrowing something from my room. She always comes into my room and borrows things without asking. It wouldn't bother me, but she always loses it in her room or she never returns it, which is a pain in the butt.

"Brittany!" I yelled. "If you're going to borrow something, at least return it when you're done!"

I didn't hear her reply. She usually replied with something sarcastic or agrees halfheartedly. I thought that was odd. I went into my room to investigate. When I walked into my room, I saw rose petals scattered on my bed and a trail of petals leading to the door. Taylor was standing right at the doorway.

"Taylor, how did you get in here?" I asked him.

I was starting to get scared. He was in my house. I'm pretty sure that Brittany didn't let him in. I had told her everything that has been happening with Taylor. She definitely wouldn't have let him in. I suddenly realized that my window was opened. He came in through my 2nd story window.

"Through your window," he said, shrugging like it was no big deal that he had came into my house uninvited. It was like he thought he belonged here.

"Ok, Taylor," I told him. "I have a boyfriend."

"He's not your boyfriend," he told me. "I am. You can stop holding it back. I know you love me. Is he abusing you? Is that why you can't tell me? You know that you belong with me."

"Taylor! We broke up over a year ago!" I exclaimed.

"You wouldn't let me explain," he told me. "Adam didn't know the whole story. He just showed you the picture without verifying the facts."

"Listen, Taylor," I said, sighing. "It was a long time ago. Please just let it go. I did a long time ago."

"You deserve to know the truth though!" he protested. "Adam paid that girl to kiss me! She was in one of my classes and we had to do a project together, he somehow found out about it and he paid her to kiss me so he could get it on his camera!"

"What happened to you?" I asked him. I completely disregarded what he said about Adam. "You used to be so sweet, but now you're really scaring me. You're following me around, bring me things, baking cakes for me and leaving them on the doorstep, and now you're climbing into my room. You're worrying me. I really wish that you would back off."

"Am I really scaring you?" he asked me. I nodded. "The only reason why I'm doing all these things is because Ricky told me that this will win you back."

Ricky was his best friend and also a complete idiot who thinks that he is a player when he really isn't. Ricky had always had his head in his books and did nothing but study and hit on girls. His efforts to land himself a girlfriend failed. It failed until some girl got drunk and made out with him at a party and Ricky had become insanely popular overnight. In reality, Ricky sucked at getting girls. Taylor should know that, but he worships the ground that Ricky walks on. Guy love at its worst.

I sighed and told Taylor to sit on the side of the bed next to me.

"I just want to be friends with you," I told him, gently. "Please never listen to Ricky ever again."

"But do you remember the costume?" he smirked. He laughed. I felt like I had the old Taylor back. The one who was an asshole just to be funny. The harmless non-stalkery Taylor.

"Remember it? I still have it!" I joked. "Can you please get these petals off of my bed?"

"Yeah," he said.

"You're going to be ok with being just friends?" I asked him.

"Yeah, it was too much work doing all this shit to try to impress you," he joked.

"If it means anything, Taylor, I really did love you," I told him. "But that was a long time ago."

He sighed.

"I shouldn't have let you go, Court," he told me. "Biggest mistake of my life."

0 comments: