BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 2, 2009

I Hate This Part Right Here

Haylie and I were sitting in my room. I decided that we needed to talk about what had happened on Halloween. She needed to explain to me what was going on with her. I felt a little hurt that she chose not to tell me that she was back together with Steve. I mean, I probably won't be this angry if she had told me when it had happened.

"So, when did you guys get back together?" I asked her.

"We got back together a couple of days ago," she said. "He felt really bad for what he did and he said that he was drunk and that it wasn't him. I agreed. It wasn't who he was. He was so sweet, Court. He brought me flowers and wrote a card. He begged for me to forgive him. I had to give him a second chance."

Had to? You didn't have to do anything! He freaken broke your arm! I was trying to keep my thoughts contained and decided to speak calmly.

"But, honey," I said. "You were trying to break up with him, remember? You didn't feel like he was the right one for you. You were starting to lose your feelings for him. Do you remember?" I was practically pleading with her to come to her senses.

"But, I missed him, Court," she said, sadly. "I love him."

"Hales, you've been with him for two months-" I started to say.

"Three." she corrected me.

"Fine! Three months!" I was starting to get annoyed. "You've been together for three months and you said 'I love you' within your first week of dating. You almost slept with him by the second week. He's try to force himself on you numerous times. You heard him in the car! He wanted to sleep with you, Hales. That's all that he cares about! I'm sure that if you do sleep with him that he'll break up with you!"

"Court, he loves me!" she insisted. "He's not going to break up with me! I know that he was flirting with this one girl after the first month of our relationship, but she lives in LA! LA, Court. That's southern California. There's no possible way that he could go over there and have a relationship with her!"

I couldn't believe her logic.

"You read his logs!" I exclaimed. "They were really flirty. He had even asked her what where the chances of him getting with her if he was single! He talked to her every night. He would lie to you and tell you that he would go to sleep, but he would really call her and talk to her! She didn't even care that he had a girlfriend!"

"He said that he wouldn't talk to her anymore!" she yelled. We were both getting really frustrated.

"I know that's what he said!" I shouted. "Can you really trust him? He told you that he didn't want to be in a serious relationship!"

"He's changed!" she protested.

"You asked him to choose between you and the girl in LA!" I yelled at her. "He said that he couldn't choose because you were both important to him! He wants to go to CSULA!"

"She's dating someone!" she protested. "I messaged her and she told me that she was dating this guy who liked her for a year!"

"Yeah, believe the girl who steals other girls' boyfriends!" I spat out. "Are you really that naive?"

"He's been really nice to me, he's taken me out to lunch, he took me to the mall, he bought me gifts, took me to the movies!" she cried. "He's really trying to make it up to me!"

"I don't believe him!" I shouted. "Neither should you!"

"I trust him, Court," she said. "I trust him because I know how he feels, I'm going to give him another chance whether you like it or not!" I scoffed at her.

"You're blinded," I said. "He's brainwashed you. Don't come running to me for help when he screws you over."

"I love him!" she cried. "He loves me! If you can't handle that then we shouldn't talk to each other anymore!"

"Fine!" I shouted at her. She stormed out of my house and probably out of my life for good.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I hope Haley doesn't stay out of Court's life. I mean yeah it's a sucky situation and it does hurt to see your best friend make a pretty big mistake, but she'll need Court sooner or later.

I think that Haley may have been abused by Steve, whether emotionally or physically because this is what most abuse victims do (and i say it out of experience in my volunteer work) so I hope she opens her eyes before it's too late.

Love the post

Jayjay0jt said...

That thought has never crossed my mind, that's a good point. I'm starting to wonder now...

My thought was that she thought that she "loved" him so much that she didn't want to be without him (young love). She's had relationship problems in the pasts, so she was determined to make this one work because she "clicked" so well with him.

But abuse.. interesting.. hmm..

Will further analyze!