BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Black Friday

Logan still hasn't texted me. I decided to take the initiative to invite him over for Thanksgiving. I don't want there to be anything wrong with our relationship and if I have to put aside my stubbornness and text him, so be it.

"Can I ask Logan to come over for Thanksgiving?" I asked my mom.

"Sure, I would love to meet this boy you're seeing," she said.

I excitedly ran to my phone and texted Logan: Babe, do you want to come over for Thanksgiving tomorrow? I quickly got a response: I can't, I'm busy. Isn't it too early to have dinner with your parents anyway? I couldn't help but be a little irritated and disappointed. I made the effort to include him into my Thanksgiving plans. He was probably going to go out with his friends. He told me that his family didn't celebrate Thanksgiving. Maybe it's my fault because I asked him last minute.

Thanksgiving day came. I woke up to a wonderful aroma of Thanksgiving foods. I looked at my clock. 4:15! I slept to 4:15? I shouldn't have been catching up on my Cougar Town online. What can you say? I love Courteney Cox!

I went downstairs and was greeted by my mom.

"Morning, sleepyhead," she said, smiling. "Can you check on the pie in the oven for me?"

"Sure, Mom," I said. I opened the oven and stuck a toothpick in the pie. "Still needs to bake."

The doorbell rang. I opened the door. It was Adam.

"Hey, Court," he said, grinning. "I brought you yesterday's homework." He handed me a stack of papers.

"Thanks! What are you doing for Thanksgiving?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"Probably going to grab a pizza," he said. "We don't do Thanksgiving."

"Oh, come on!" I exclaimed. "Stay and have turkey with us!"

"Are you sure?" he asked me.

"You're always welcomed here," I said, laughing. I pushed him inside. "Mom! Adam's going to stay for dinner!"

"Sure thing!" my mom shouted from the kitchen.

Dinner was amazing. My mom makes the best turkey. We stuffed ourselves with all of the Thanksgiving goodness.

***************************************************

Adam and I decided to go Black Friday shopping. We took the tent and sleeping bags out of my garage. We settled on going to Best Buy because Adam needed a new laptop. When we got to Best Buy it was only 8pm yet there were already people standing in line. We pitched our tent and got the cooler stuffed with turkey sandwiches and drinks out of the car. I rolled out the 2 person sleeping bag and curled up inside. I was extremely excited.

"This is going to be so much fun camping out!" I exclaimed. "This is my first Black Friday!"

"Yeah, I hope all these other people are after the TVs," he said, laughing. He shuddered.

"Come here, lay with me," I said, opening up the sleeping bag. I smiled. "I promise I won't bite."

He came and joined me in the sleeping bag.

"Nice and warm," I said, smiling.

We stayed up all night talking and laughing at how ridiculous we seemed for camping out in front of Best Buys for the laptop. Truthfully, I just wanted the Black Friday experience. When the store opened. Everyone rushed in and started grabbing everything they could get their hands on.

Adam was almost literally pushing and shoving the guy next to him to get his laptop. He won and brought his treasure over to me.

"Let's get out of here," he said.

We're ridiculous. We camped out all night just to save a couple of bucks. It's not worth this chaos. I feel bad for the employees!

"Yeah, let's go!" I agreed.

0 comments: