BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's Alright, It's Ok

**Hey guys, I know that I posted yesterday and that it's not Monday yet, but I am completely swamped tonight and tomorrow morning with a bunch of things that are due tomorrow (I'm currently dealing with flakey partners for a presentation and have to do the entire project by myself), so I am posting tomorrow's post today. I can't schedule the post because I wrote it on my itouch during the time when I didn't have my laptop. I am sorry if this inconviences you in any way! I hope you guys understand!**

Adam and I went to Haylie's house. Adam had brought some chocolate ice cream along just in case we weren't going to make it to school. Logan didn't like the idea of me skipping school but he knew that Haylie was in pretty bad shape.

When Haylie answered the door, She looked like she was a mess. I didn't know how she was going to react to me coming over to her house after our fight. Quite frankly, I don't even care. I'm her best friend and she needs me here.

"Hey, Haylie," I said. " Are you ok?"

She started sobbing. I took her into my arms and held her tightly.

"Sweetie, it's going to be alright," I told her, soothingly. "I know everything is going to be ok."

"How do you know?" she sobbed. "it hurts so much. I can't believe that he broke up with me. He told me that he loved me and that he wanted a future- a life with me. He wanted to be a family, he wanted a baby, he wanted to get married."

She was babbling, but I didn't want to upset her even more. I just let her babble about the nonsense that Steve told her. Adam looked at me and held up the ice cream.

"Honey, Adam brought ice cream," I told her. "Your favorite! Let's go inside so we have our privacy, ok?" She nodded.

We went inside to the kitchen. I pulled out three bowls out of her cabinet. I managed to find three spoons and an ice cream scoop. Adam opened the ice cream container and I scooped a big bowl for Haylie.

"Thanks guys, for coming here," she said, sniffling. "I needed this." She gave Adam and I a hug.

"You know I love you, Haylie," Adam said. "Any excuse for ice cream, right?" He laughed when she hit him, laughing.

"At least you made her laugh," I said, laughing.

"It's going to be ok, right, Court?" Haylie asked me.

"If I can get over Taylor, then you can get over Steve," I told her, smiling.

"Except Steve won't be a psycho stalker like Taylor," Adam half-joked.

I had almost forgotten the whole Taylor stalking me thing.

"Thanks alot, Adam," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Wait wait," Haylie said. "Stalk?"

Right! Haylie didn't know about Taylor and the cake and the whole coming into my house and claiming that I was HIS girlfriend.

"Adam would love to tell you the story to keep your mind off of you-know-who!" I exclaimed. "Right, Adam?"

"But of course," he said, with a cheesy unidentifiable accent.

I took our empty bowls to the sink and washed them while Adam told Haylie what has been going on with me for the last couple days.

I couldn't help but let myself drift away in my thoughts.

Taylor has made himself scarce since the cake on the porch incident, but I know he is planning on something. I hoped that he found something better to do than to go after me, maybe found another girl to chase after- one his own age or someone at college or something. I'm sure plenty of girls at Beachside University would go out with him. If he stopped with the crazy crap.

"We should watch the sappy romantic comedy movies like we used to do!" Haylie exclaimed. Adam and I looked at each other. We didn't have the heart to tell her no. She looked about ten times better than before we had arrived.

We spent the rest of the day eating popcorn and watching sappy movies while listening to Adam complain to me about the plot and Haylie's bad movie choices. This was just like old times. It was much more fun than I remembered.

0 comments: