BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Down

My parents made me go to school today. They personally drove me to make sure that I wouldn't ditch. I walked in the hallways and it immediately got quiet. I let out a sigh. Here we go again. I ignored the silence and walked to Physiology. I took my seat in the back as usual and pull out all of my materials. People were whispering around me.

"I think she got an abortion! That's why she was gone last week." I heard a girl whisper. I rolled my eyes and put my earphones in. I rather listen to my music than listen to my class gossip about me. I scrolled through my playlist until I found the song I was looking for, "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter.

I saw Logan walk in when the song was over. I smiled. He sat down next to me and kissed my forehead. He took out one of the earphones and whispered "I love you" into my ear. I couldn't help but smile. I took out my other earphone and put my iPod away.

"How was your Thanksgiving?" Logan asked, smiling.

"It was ok," I said, smiling. "We had way too much turkey and stuffed ourselves way to much. You should have came, it would have been fun! Especially Black Friday shopping with Adam and I."

"You went Black Friday shopping?" he asked, surprised. I saw his smile fade away. "With Adam?"

"Yeah, Adam and I camped out outside of Best Buy," I said, my smile wavering. "We had a tent, a sleeping bag, turkey sandwiches, and drinks. It was definitely fun camping out just the two of us all night." I wanted to kick myself. Please just shut up. I told myself. But I didn't do anything wrong. I argued with myself.

"Why didn't you ask me to come?" he asked me, his tone accusing. I sighed. I didn't want to fight with Logan. I was getting annoyed at his tone though.

"Babe, I asked you to dinner," I said, calmly. "You didn't want to come, so I assumed that you didn't want to come Black Friday shopping either. You said you were busy."

"I don't trust him around you," he said, angrily.

"You don't trust me?" I asked him, angrily. "You think that I'm going to cheat on you with the first guy I see?"

"You did steal someone's boyfriend," he spat out. "Who knows what else you could do?"

I gasped. It was like someone pierced my heart. The classroom was silent. Tears swelled to my eyes. I had told him that in confidence. He knew that I wasn't that person anymore, yet he had to throw it out during an argument. He had to throw it out in front of people who were already viciously gossiping about me. He gave them more ammo to make my life miserable. He betrayed my trust.

"Screw you, Logan!" I shouted. I picked up all of my stuff and stormed out of the room.

"No, Courtney, wait!" I heard Logan shout behind me.

0 comments: