BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

Rumors

I woke up this morning feeling a little sick. I had a bit of a sore throat and a stuffy nose. I called Adam and told him that I might not make it to school. Of course, he came to my house and picked me up this morning. He was worried that I would have to walk in the rain again. He didn't want me to get even more sick. I feel bad because he's going to get sick too.

When we walked into the science building and everyone stopped talking. I looked at Adam, confused. He shrugged his shoulders. The girls giggled at us when we walked past them. The guys pointed at us and laughed. I tried to not let it get to me, but I couldn't help wondering what they were laughing about. Was it my hair? Was it my clothes? Do I have something stuck in my teeth?

I sat in my usual seat in physiology. I prepared for class, taking out my notebook and pens. I carefully listened to the whispers.

"I heard that she's pregnant!" I heard one person whisper. Wait, what? Are they talking about me?

"I heard she cheated on Logan with Justin," Another person whispered. "She doesn't know who the baby daddy is." I continued rummaging through my backpack, pretending that I wasn't listening. I was in shock.

"God, she can't keep her legs closed for two seconds!" Someone whispered. WHAT!?!

"What a slut!" One girl exclaimed. She did not just call me a slut.

"Do you think I can get at her?" The guy in the row across from me whispered.

I heard a few people laugh at that. I almost burst into tears. Right at that moment, Logan came in and took his seat next to me. The class erupted into more whispers. He immediately noticed that something was wrong with me.

"What's wrong, babe?" he asked me. He gave me a kiss, which made the class erupt with more whispers. I shook my head.

"Nothing," I told him. "I'm not feeling well, that's all."

The bell rang and the whispers turned into note-passing. I felt like throwing up.

I don't understand where the rumors were coming from. They were completely false. Justin and Sarah are completely in love and want to get married. I have been looking at ring designs with him for the last couple of months. Other than that, we barely talk because he is so busy. Logan and I are completely happy with one another.

The rumors just kept getting worse throughout the day.

"Logan's only staying with her because it might be his baby."

"Justin and Courtney are getting married!"

"She's going to get an abortion!"

"She's going to have the baby and give it up for adoption!"

I couldn't deal with all of the rumors that were circulating. People starting throwing paper balls at me when they "found out" that I was getting an abortion. I couldn't take it anymore. I left before my psychology class. I just wanted to be alone. I didn't care that it was pouring outside, I walked home. I took a nice hot shower and crawled into bed.

I started crying.

I have never been in a situation like this. I have never seen the whole school turn against one person. I didn't understand how it could have gotten started and why it blew up like this. Why me?

I don't remember how long I stayed under the sheets. My phone kept vibrating to the point where I was fed up with it. I finally picked it up and checked my text messages.

I checked the text message from Logan. Are you ok? What's going on? No! I wasn't ok. I ignored his text. He didn't even know why I was upset. I checked Haylie's message. Adam and I are coming over. You can't hide in your room forever. I loved how Haylie and Adam knew to not ask me if I was ok.

0 comments: